• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I would rather they did appeal.

D.C. Is what 10 square miles, and gun free zone is what 8 of those square miles. VS the rest of America?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine has decided not to appeal a federal appeals ruling that the city's restrictions on concealed carry permits violate residents' Second Amendment rights..."
    Amazing. DC more free than Maryland, never could have imagined.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So, just speculation, but if this went to the SC, this would basically kill the remaining states that use a G&S scheme to restrict their citizens. Mainly MD, but being that is has not reached the SC, other states can fight their own battle instead of assuming DC's loss. Would this be considered collusion between AG's? I know if private businesses did something like this there would be cries far and wide.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not as much mainly Maryland , but mainly New York and California , minor to Hawaii, and Maryland in the footnotes .

But yes , to a degree DC is taking one for the ( Dem Liberal) Team .

From the 2A viewpoint, once DC didn't recieve an En Banc hearing , whatever DC did was going to be a flavor of Win for our side . This way is imeadate victory for residents of , and visitors to Wash DC . High profile symbolic victory of having the Bill of Rights again recoginized in the Nations Capitol.

Longer term , could be cited as a Circit split by a case originating in a May Issue state .

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Some-of-the-Gun-free-Zones-in-DC-1000-ft-rule-2.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So, just speculation, but if this went to the SC, this would basically kill the remaining states that use a G&S scheme to restrict their citizens. Mainly MD, but being that is has not reached the SC, other states can fight their own battle instead of assuming DC's loss. Would this be considered collusion between AG's? I know if private businesses did something like this there would be cries far and wide.

This would be like Heller. We would still need a McDonald.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hey maybe we have an out here. Isn't there something written that the state of Maryland gave the land to the founding father for the purpose of forming a capital for the new United States of America? Isn't there also a clause somewhere that the land would revert back to the state of Maryland if something happened and the capital wasn't built or changed location? So then, in fact doesn't Washington DC fall within the legal ownership of Maryland? Kinda like the landlord still owns the property the tenant lives in. Therefore, if DC does have Shall Issue status, wouldn't that mean the rest of the state would fall under these guidelines?

I'm sure I'm blowing smoke, but just maybe.............??????????????

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hey maybe we have an out here. Isn't there something written that the state of Maryland gave the land to the founding father for the purpose of forming a capital for the new United States of America? Isn't there also a clause somewhere that the land would revert back to the state of Maryland if something happened and the capital wasn't built or changed location? So then, in fact doesn't Washington DC fall within the legal ownership of Maryland? Kinda like the landlord still owns the property the tenant lives in. Therefore, if DC does have Shall Issue status, wouldn't that mean the rest of the state would fall under these guidelines?

I'm sure I'm blowing smoke, but just maybe.............??????????????
    I think you are seriously stretching brother. Different federal circuit, even if your argument is legit I doubt anyone would bring it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think you are seriously stretching brother. Different federal circuit, even if your argument is legit I doubt anyone would bring it.

Hey, we have to have hope. Maybe, just maybe it could be true. :D

Like they say, even if you only have a 1 in a million chance of dating that hot girl, you still have a chance..... ;)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If land from one state is going to create or be annexed to another, the voters must accept it.

no way.

But DC isn't a state. Maryland only lent them the property to build on.

Come on, we gotta have something... anything... even some small bit of hope. ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Do we really want to get stuck with being responsible for DC , and adding that many left wing Dems ?

( If we could trade Baltimore for it even up , we'ed have to think about it . )

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I would rather they did appeal.

D.C. Is what 10 square miles, and gun free zone is what 8 of those square miles. VS the rest of America?
    Seems like they're taking the proverbial "one for the team" to keep the rest of country from being shall issue. Touchė DC, touchė.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom