• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Havebt been to HF for a while. A visit is long overdue. I must have about 50 expired 20% off coupons:lol2:

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Nice. Was doing in VA beach this weekend and they are consistently the best price. It may not be the same quality as the expensive stuff but sometimes you care more about the budget.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I like going in there and checking out whats in stock from time to time. I bought a few useful items in there already that otherwise I would have had to order like roll pin punches and brass laps that you cant find anywhere else. Not the greatest quality but the price was right for one off or small jobs.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I love scouring the clearance section. Usually good sets of tools that are missing a piece or 2 with steep discounts.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Harbor Freight good source for cheap tools if you only have need to do something one time and might never use the tool again. You saved from spending 3x or 4x the price on a better quality tool.

My son is in a local union and go into a fit every time I say I going to
    Harbor Freight to pickup something , x$*&%#@ cheap Chinese junk and that's on a good day, course he's not the one opening his wallet.:D

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    a lot of contractors use HF because their tools last 30 days til they are - stolen - lost - broken? - left at the job or " I don't know"

BTW - there are a lot of contractors, plumbers, mexicans, etc buying tools and supplies at the fleas markets
    :lol:

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I want one of the 'freebie with coupon' cheapo multi-meters I see in their ads, but am not in proximity to any location.

I always visit the HF in LaVale when I visit my in-laws in Garrett County. I can grab you a multi-meter. A lot of times they have the torque wrench for $10 with coupon which is a great deal as well. Those HF torque wrenches have built many AR15s :party29:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    DONE!!! I have a brand new one with your name on it.
    Thank you!!!!

th

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Love HF! Was in Norfolk all last week for work and spent all my per diem at HF. Picked up a 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrench for $11.99 each and a 3-ton floor jack. Going down again the weekend after July 4th hoping to pick up their floor jack crossbeam.
    Kinda glad they don't have one anywhere close to me. Although I did find out there is one in Mechanicsville, VA just down the street (15 min) from Green Top.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I like HF.

I always hear Chinese junk. Go into a box store and try finding an American made tool. It's hard. I have tried. Why should I pay 150 dollars for a Chinese made recripricating saw that's made in China when I can pay 40 for a tool that was made in China.

I read that this saw will break first time I use it. The batteries don't last don't hold a charge.
    All wrong. We took an old tree house down cutting right through nails screws no problem. The battery still has charge. Hasn't dies yet.

Years go I bought a Mikita drill. Paid over 100 for it. Always thought it was made in Japan. Nope ving China.

Hilti is made in Germany but who can afford 600 for a saw.

Why should I pay 4x more for an American name. That's just foolish and uninformed. Most of it is made in the same factory with different specs.

I wish I could afford snap on but who want to pay 100 for a rachet. Their blue point line is a joke its made in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom