Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > Heritage Training

Notices

Old January 12th, 2018, 05:40 PM #81
Удачи!

Удачи!

Last edited by Zzzzz_man; February 10th, 2018 at 05:51 PM.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:11 PM #82

I am a member at Heritage and I really enjoy the people and the way I have been treated. I am not crazy about the new hours or change in the fee schedule and will be exploring other options while they honor the remaining balance on my annual membership. My experience has been that the employees are always friendly and helpful. Very professional and safe environment.
r100rsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:42 AM #83

Can someone teach me to shoot like this? Darn good group Zzzzz...
pilot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:37 PM #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc357 View Post
Yeah I enumerated some of the nasty things that were done to someone I care about who was employed there, and was told by someone here they didn't give a shit what I thought, or how they treated their employees- and was called a troll, haha.

I remember thinking that person would change their tune once Heritage shut down because contrary to his statement, that kind of stuff does matter. I'm half right so far, they have closed for half the week and that person is livid and has posted several paragraphs of rant about it.

So... that person continued to patronize a business where it was pointed out they treat people like shit, and eventually was treated like shit himself, and is now pretty butthurt about it, judging by their whining.

I'm just so surprised, I cant tell you...

I *did* try to warn you

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost....9&postcount=43
In hindsight, everyone wanted the place to be what we thought it was. When negative comments, that I made, about something one really likes its not a far distance to go to be defensive about it. I've been there with other things.

Lets face it, the facility is really spectacular and Frederick had gone forever without one. We all wanted it to be something special and didn't want to believe it couldn't be. Unfortunately, it went the other way. No need to hash up old crap. Zzzzz and I went 12+ rounds about it and other things and I was wrong. I get where he was coming from in not wanting to look at the negatives.

Normally bad management can be replaced and customer relations can be repaired. However, it sounds like the bad management stems from ownership. Therefore, the place is not long for this world because even though they have guaranteed money coming from contracts high turnover is high cost. Contracts aren't going to change the metrics of treating employees poorly. If this were closer to DC where the customer base is much bigger it might make it. Lets face it, the customer base for a gun range in Frederick isn't going to be super high like for a grocery store or the like. Each customer needs to be treated like gold because it costs 5 times more to acquire a new customer vs. retaining an existing one. Leesburg is getting a new range soon and it is just more competition for HTC. Contracts will leave just like individuals when there is a better choice.
pilot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:46 PM #85
Удачи!

Удачи!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
Can someone teach me to shoot like this? Darn good group Zzzzz...
Thanks! Yep, that's at 10 yards with my 6" Colt Python shooting Geco 158gr .38 Special. I believe Mr. & Mrs. Boundlessdyad + MIL were in the lanes next to me that evening if I remember correctly. I'll tell ya, almost anyone can shoot a Python like that with a little practice and the right ammo.
Zzzzz_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:25 AM #86

Yeah, I know I am a bit late to the party... I generally like Heritage, it is clean and easy on the eyes. I am a member of BCCIWL, but don't always feel like shooting outside - especially when it's 30 degrees. Heritage is usually my "I'm gonna get out of work early and go shooting" destination and the new hours are not really compatible with that... glad that last time I skipped work was on a Friday. My experience at Heritage has always been positive and I have brought out of town visitors to shoot with me. They didn't really appreciate having to pay for a range card for a one time visit, but they got over it after all the fun they had. Their RSO's are usually quite hands off if they see you are being safe, which is important to me. I did have a weird moment when they randomly made me re-attend their safety brief after multiple years of safely shooting there and when I was not allowed to store different caliber ammo boxes on top of the shooting bench... thanks for saving me from myself! Oh, I did purchase a rifle there once... their price was actually decent - I think they made a mistake in their advertisement and then had to honor it.

Bottom line, for now I will still visit Heritage just a bit less often. I think it is a really good place to bring new/novice shooters.
copasetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 08:03 PM #87

As a case in point, Iím off tomorrow and am planning to go shoot... Heritage is no longer open to the public on Monday (even though itís a fed holiday). I will probably check out TMGN as it is the next closest range. Not only are you loosing some business, but you are driving me to check out your direct competitor - which I have not yet, because I was happy going to Hetitage.
Holster
copasetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > Heritage Training

Tags
frederick, frederick md, heritage training