• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I'm pretty sure the theory of disparate force would apply here. 2 vs. 1, regardless of the age, is a recipe for death or serious bodily injury. If two kids are kicking the shit out of me, I'm going to shoot. If two kids are kicking the shit out of me, and I see a small black object in their hands, I'm going to shoot.
    Two additional points. Stun guns, Tasers, etc. are generally called less lethal. Not less than lethal. Less lethal implies death may still occur. Less than lethal means the result will be non-lethal. Some argue about this, but can you definitively tell me that my heart will be able to handle ~50K volts? I can't. Second, if you carry, get insurance that specifically covers it. There are a few threads on the topic, but the only one that makes sense to me is CCW Safe.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Yes you can, especially if you see a sharp object in the prep's hand, or the perp mutters "I am going to kill you".

On that note, you will have a little more explaining to do, if you plug him in the back, "because he was turning in your direction".

No matter what, there will be an investigation.

I have a friend who killed in self defense. The homicide detectives spent a year before ending the investigation. Don't assume that you shoot a burglar- who may be 16 years old- and the police just drop in and you get the carpets cleaned. The State's Atty and others will breathe down your neck. You may now be the bad guy. Remember Travon Martin? You may be in Time Magazine.
    Be very careful with lethal force. Use it and your life can become a nightmare in 24 hours or less. I am Trigger happy at the range, not at home.
    However, I have used lethal weapons in combat- long ago- ranging from M60 to hand grenades.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Grew up in Edgewood/Joppa and could not get the hell of there fast enough. Harford Square, Meadowood, behind the old giant (now Harbor Freight) flooded with section 8.. Damn shame when you have to turn a townhome into a police station in meadow wood or Windsor valley whatever they are calling it these days
    Last time I went to Harford Square to visit a family member dozen or so of high school kids were blocking the road and didn’t want to move (sidewalk on both sides of the road).. if it wasn’t for a silly Law about whipping kids asses who are out of line the belt would have came off that day.
    However these days they would all get a participation trophy

As for using lethal force to protect yourself.. if it’s strictly a fist you better be a 90yr old woman, if it’s 2-3 guys doesn’t matter again very gray, if it’s a stun gun also very gray, if a knife/bat/hammer is used the odds are much more in your favor. In these situations nothing is cut and dry unless you had a security system with 17 camera angles in 4K and it was textbook self defense still expect to be put thru the ringer/process, firearm confiscated for several months up to a year..
    In the end you have to show that your life was in fact at risk and there was no other option but to use lethal force to end that threat

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    obtw,

Stun guns can kill, "less than lethal" is a misnomer

https://www.livescience.com/36418-tasers-kill-cardiac-arrest-stun-gun.html

I like how the stun gun manufacturers tell cops not shoot people in the chest. Stun guns are not the most accurate device considering. I can see it now, cop beaten due tot he fact he was aiming for the legs and one barb missed. Might as well make them contact devices not shooting implements, considering to reduce spread of the barbs you would have to be pretty close.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I have a friend who killed in self defense. The homicide detectives spent a year before ending the investigation. Don't assume that you shoot a burglar- who may be 16 years old- and the police just drop in and you get the carpets cleaned. The State's Atty and others will breathe down your neck. You may now be the bad guy. Remember Travon Martin? You may be in Time Magazine.
    Be very careful with lethal force. Use it and your life can become a nightmare in 24 hours or less. I am Trigger happy at the range, not at home.
    However, I have used lethal weapons in combat- long ago- ranging from M60 to hand grenades.

As a veteran you should know: better the other guy than you.

There is no doubt about it, once you pull the trigger your life is going to change. The personal emotional gambit that you will go through, having to endure the investigation, possible prosecution.

You need to educate yourself, which you seem to be a novice in civilian self defense. Take some NRA classes (personal protection inside/outside the home), mentally prepare yourself in the event you are forced to defend yourself, god forbid, your family. Look for good lawyers before hand to call upon. Look into insurance if you can afford it. Choose an adequate tool that will drop the perp quikly.

You have to ask yourself, is your life worth nothing? Dirtbags will kill you for the loose change in your pocket, or the prescriptions rumored to be in your medicine cabinet.

Speaking frankly, the value of my life and the lives of my family, are worth more than I would spend (emotionally and financially) defending them.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Ask yourself one question: would you rather be in debt with lawyer bills or in debt with hospital bills/ dead? Your choice. Btw if you don't choose quick enough you are stuck with option 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom