• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    If there is one, can someone link the thread? I have looked around the forums for the legal guidelines on putting together an AR15 but haven't seen more than a few comments on the subject. Maybe since I've not been on the forums that much recently, I've just missed it?

IE: I bought a stripped lower receiver before the 2013 legislation/tyranny was enacted.

It's been stored away safely and ignored. But, with the current issues on hand I am thinking about building a new AR out of spite for the politicians and would-be gun grabbers.

Since my lower was purchased before the laws went in place, then is it "grandfathered" in and can be configured however I please? I'm talking about telescoping stock, carbine barrel/not HBAR?

If I decide to make it a "pistol" AR with shortened barrel but no butt stock, can I do that? If so, do I need an HQL or is it considered an AOW?

Thank you for the assistance. If you'd prefer to PM me that would be fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    I read this thread when it was written years ago. Since it was done before the ban I didn't know if it was updated for the law in 2013. I'll Wade through a few pages for info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Your prebanned lower can be built into a prebanned configuration.

AR pistols remain the same, pre ban or post ban. No heavy barrel needed. No HQL needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom