• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Great article today by Scott Morefield, it's long but a solid read!

Think They’ll Never ‘Come and Take’ Your Guns Without an Armed Revolt? Think Again

The recent gun control debate ignited by last month’s tragedy in Parkland, Florida, has liberals trotting out what has become a favorite Leftist talking point - Australia’s 1996 National Agreement on Firearms, an act which, among other things, severely restricted semi-automatic rifles after after a similarly horrific mass shooting.

Liberals consider the cornerstone of the law, a massive forced gun buyback program, a “common sense” approach to what might otherwise be perceived by gun owners as an unwelcome curtailing of traditional American freedoms. Sure, the government may be forcing gun owners to make the transaction, but exchanging money for items IS capitalism, right? And it sure beats the alternative, a Communist-style door-to-door roundup of weapons that both sides agree would likely lead to civil war.

Don’t get me wrong, I think most true Leftists would LOVE to harness the power of the State to crush liberty-minded gun owners by every means necessary, and if a few of the right eggs are broken in the process, so much the better. But realists on both sides know such a scenario is highly unlikely to happen, at least to a result the Left would want. In all likelihood, open displays of tyrannical force such as openly rounding up certain people groups or door-to-door weapons confiscations are highly likely to result in open displays of resistance, and a civil war that is likely to be fought, and won, by the good guys.

On this matter, right-wing pundits are correct:

On the topic of whether or not citizens could resist “violent tyranny,” Townhall’s Kurt Schlichter writes, “The short answer is, ‘Yes.’ As Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan all teach, a decentralized insurgency with small arms can effectively confront a modern police/military force ... But the bottom line is that two untrained idiots with handguns shut down Boston. What do you think 100 million Americans – many trained and some battle-tested – could do with their rifles?”

“There is no other way around it: The mandatory confiscation of the American citizenry’s guns would involve tens of thousands of heavily armed federal agents going door-to-door to demand of millions of Americans that they surrender their guns. That. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen,” opines National Review’s Mark Wright.

“Make no mistake, armed rebellion would be the consequence,” writes Varad Mehta for The Federalist in a piece that’s par for the course when it comes to most thinking on the right. “Armed men would be dispatched to confiscate guns, they would be met by armed men, and blood would be shed. Australia is a valid example for America only if you are willing for that blood to be spilled in torrents and rivers. To choose Australia is to choose civil war.”

Even the more sane gun control proponents are wise to the political situation. University of Sydney professor Philip Alpers, who is also the founding director of GunPolicy.org, told the New York Times, “What Australia did was a confiscation of private property under the threat of jail time, compensated or not. That wouldn’t wash in the United States.”

Further, when unduly oppressive laws are actually passed in the United States, such as recent laws in New York and Connecticut passed after the Sandy Hook massacre, they are often ignored by the majority of gun owners and sparsely enforced by the states themselves. “New York and Connecticut authorities so far have shown no inclination to enforce their laws by going door to door to round up unregistered guns and arrest their owners,” Mehta wrote in the 2015 piece. “But that’s what would be necessary to enforce the law. A federal law, therefore, would require sweeping, national police action involving thousands of lawmen and affecting tens of millions of people. If proponents of gun control are serious about getting guns out of Americans’ hands, someone will have to take those guns out of Americans’ hands.”

Sure, it’s hard to argue with Mehta’s logic, at least on the surface. And it’s a good thing for gun owners, right?

Not necessarily, not if you look just beneath that surface.

Consider: If rational minds on the Left know all this, to what end are they still pushing for such laws, especially when it’s obvious that they don’t care whether ANY gun control laws are actually enforced. Not yet anyway. (Remember, it’s always conservatives, not liberals, pushing for enforcement of existing law.)

And yet, they do want more and more laws on the books, and the more draconian, obscure, and hard to keep track of, the better. But why?

Here’s the answer, and it should scare every gun owner in the country:

They want to make de facto criminals out of the majority of the gun owning population.

That way, they can essentially pick us off, one by one.

Without necessarily meaning to, Mehta hits on this critical point in his piece: “A national gun buyback law would turn a significant portion of the American people into criminals,” he wrote. “Residents of New York and Connecticut snubbed their new laws … Compliance with the registration requirement has been modest at best, as hundreds of thousands of gun owners in both states refused to register their weapons. So far, then, the laws have been most successful in creating hundreds of thousands of lawbreakers who feel obligated to break the law.”

If liberals are able to pass any sort of “assault weapons” ban, buyback or no buyback, they know they will make criminals out of several million currently law-abiding gun owners. And even if the majority of those gun owners don’t follow the law now, that won’t make them any less a criminal. They just haven’t been caught yet.

But when the ‘right people’ control the levers of power and the ‘right laws’ are all in place, make no mistake - they will be caught.

Here’s the rub. It’s one thing to hold up your rifle and shout “come and take it,” à la Charleton Heston, before thousands of like-minded people. The Feds aren’t going to come to a National Rifle Association convention and start arresting people, at least not yet. And they aren’t going to conduct door-to-door house searches, arresting gun owners and confiscating their firearms, either. Not yet.

But believe me, under the right circumstances and with the right laws in place, the arrests will come. They’ll come when you’re going to work, or to the bank, or to the park with your kids, or a thousand other places. They’ll come after you’ve used your now-illegal AR-15 to defend yourself against a home invader, or if they spot it during a “routine” home search.

Never, ever underestimate these people and the depth of their evil. Remember, the Cheka managed to fill the Soviet gulags to the brim, and yet they did it quietly, with little fuss and even less armed revolt.

And they won’t need to arrest everyone to make the majority obey. No, they only need a few, and word will spread quickly.

So what will you do, dear AR-15 owner, when the ‘Cheka’ comes for your neighbor, and you know the laws are on the books to prosecute? Will a “buyback” and “amnesty” be enough to convince YOU to acquiesce? You’ve got a job, a wife, kids to raise. When they “come and take it,” is your family worth risking?

No, when they take your guns there will be no civil war. There will be no large-scale revolution, because liberals are experts at pushing that Overton Window enough not to shock the system. Like frogs in water that’s about to boil, people won’t jump until it’s too late.

That is why it’s so important to not get complacent and believe a worse case scenario will never happen. That’s why it’s critical to fight the gun controllers’ efforts to change the law at EVERY turn, using EVERY legal means possible.

Long before they “come and take” our guns, and our freedoms.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    People on both sides of the fence are trying to get their foot in the Second Amendment door.

Whether you like the politicians or not, don't believe the Pro-2A statements you hear.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    People on both sides of the fence are trying to get their foot in the Second Amendment door.

Whether you like the politicians or not, don't believe the Pro-2A statements you hear.

Can you expand on that iH8Dem?

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Has been my thoughts on the subject for awhile. If I saw a swat team no-knocking my neighbor, would I stand and fight not knowing if it was confiscation or other lawful warrant? Answer is probably not. Would I risk my wife and child in a stand-off myself, again, probably not. By that time, the water is already warm and tranquil and we are already in a blissful stupor.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can you expand on that iH8Dem?

Republican, Democrat, and Independent politicians are lying snakes and they'll implement wide sweeping gun grabbing policies the moment it's politically beneficial to do so.

Don't believe that, look due South.

It's the long state. With the panhandle attached to it.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    The author doesn't present anything new but it's good to hear it again now and then. I read about this tactic decades ago in Atlas Shrugged. The idea is that if you create enough laws, EVERYONE is a criminal and guilty of something. If you don't like someone you can easily ensure they are silenced in the short or long term simply by finding what they're guilty of. What was really interesting to me was that the language used by the bad guys in that book (pub 1957) turned out to be (almost) word-for-word the language used by the political left starting just before the 2008 election and continuing today.

"They" want you to live long enough to become a villain. It allows your views to be disregarded. It's part of the well-documented plan, unfortunately. It is NOT, however a foregone conclusion that they will win, they just want you to think it's in the bag.

Stay vigilant, educated and active.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Has been my thoughts on the subject for awhile. If I saw a swat team no-knocking my neighbor, would I stand and fight not knowing if it was confiscation or other lawful warrant? Answer is probably not. Would I risk my wife and child in a stand-off myself, again, probably not. By that time, the water is already warm and tranquil and we are already in a blissful stupor.

The issue being there will be that jumping off moment, eventually it will turn bloody, they will come for the "wrong" person and the media in its orgasmic fugue state will tell the people why. It will be a Ruby Ridge but with Draconian Laws on the book that will make it easier for those to stand up.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am old fat and crippled so I will be killed faster than I want to be but rest assured they will get my guns when they pry them from my cold dead fingers. No if ands or buts about it.

And I expect my wife and son to follow me to the other side because they love their freedom as much as I do.

Sure there will be those who ***** out and let themselves and their families be slaves for the government but I will not.

And anyone who thinks differently are not only not friends of the second amendment but aren’t true Americans. This country was founded for, fought for , died for all of our freedoms. Not for a tyrannical government to disarm and enslave is.

When it’s my turn I will step up and be counted , will others? Only time will tell.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Once everyone is made a criminal by a stroke of a pen what does one really have to lose. Choice 1: You will probably lose a little freedom and your guns and still be criminal, choice 2: keep your guns and fight for your actual freedom, and maybe eventually be exonerated.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What we did with our Patriot Picket arrest crisis last month should serve as a model for all of us going forward.

There were less than 10 of us Patriots working on the Bricks the night my brother and I were arrested, and we know that the powers-that-be could easily have turned out three officers for every one of us there as a group that night.

Instead of capitulating, our response was to turn out more Patriots than there are police officers in Annapolis to LAWFULLY protest the unlawful action while displaying the unforgettable message below.

The Patriot Picket was designed not just as a political movement, but as an exercise in TOTAL TRUST for the guy or gal standing next to you.

The moment any of us gets rolled up on some piss ant charge, we need to link up and SHOW UP, just as we did a month ago.

In Annapolis, or in Maryland, or in all of the United States the overwhelming truth will not change: “More Patriots Than You Have Handcuffs”.

Attachments

• 10D9BDE9-98E8-4208-876A-D90556C66FD6.jpeg
      10D9BDE9-98E8-4208-876A-D90556C66FD6.jpeg
      71.4 KB · Views: 241
    • D38AD3CD-FC5B-480B-9452-D1D3170E10ED.jpg
      D38AD3CD-FC5B-480B-9452-D1D3170E10ED.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 239

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    What we did with our Patriot Picket arrest crisis last month should serve as a model for all of us going forward.

There were less than 10 of us Patriots working on the Bricks the night my brother and I were arrested, and we know that the powers-that-be could easily have turned out three officers for every one of us there as a group that night.

Instead of capitulating, our response was to turn out more Patriots than there are police officers in Annapolis to LAWFULLY protest the unlawful action while displaying the unforgettable message below.

The Patriot Picket was designed not just as a political movement, but as an exercise in TOTAL TRUST for the guy or gal standing next to you.

The moment any of us gets rolled up on some piss ant charge, we need to link up and SHOW UP, just as we did a month ago.

In Annapolis, or in Maryland, or in all of the United States the overwhelming truth will not change: “More Patriots Than You Have Handcuffs”.

I'm curious how LE treats you folks at these events. Are they respectful, do you get the impression they are on your side or against your efforts?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm curious how LE treats you folks at these events. Are they respectful, do you get the impression they are on your side or against your efforts?

My experience is that we are treated respectfully. The incident with the arrests is an outlier. (The discovery process in the upcoming lawsuit ought to be fascinating.)

I believe that most officers at street level are supportive; higher-ups are frequently more politicised, and support the Party line. Whether this support stems from their personal convictions or their desire to continue up their career ladder is indeterminate.

The solution is pretty simple...we as gun owners don't wait to be "picked off" one at a time...States by themselves are unlikely to use the "picking off" tactic due to political hesitation of the left wing politicians...in short, they are cowards...hence why NY and CT have not done so...They will wait until a federal law is passed and the arrests begin...Gun owners who are willing to stand and fight need to be on the offensive before the ink is dry on that "law"...an immediate and overwhelming response...nothing short of a total coup d' etat..

By the time they begin to confiscate guns from the public, mine will already be buried high in the Rockies.

what good will that do? It does exactly the same thing as if they took them...you're disarmed...and I can promise you....telling them you no longer have them isn't going to stop them from throwing you in jail. They will simply say "we have your purchase records, we know you bought them...tell us where they are or you and everyone in the house goes to jail. That's why I laugh when I see people saying "mine were all lost in a boating accident"...that's never going to work...If you are concerned about losing your guns to the government then you need to have guns they do not know about...Don't hide your guns....prepare to fight with them..

Once everyone is made a criminal by a stroke of a pen what does one really have to lose. Choice 1: You will probably lose a little freedom and your guns and still be criminal, choice 2: keep your guns and fight for your actual freedom, and maybe eventually be exonerated.

Or kill anyone and everyone who can put you in prison for exercising your right..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom