• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Hopefully his plan is "delay and forget" like it sounds, and not handing the baton to a commission to do it and take the blame for him.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    completely expected him to drop this push.

every time he says something and everyone freaks out about the sky falling it just feels like he is wagging the dog. encouraging the left to push hard for more gun control right before a mid term election season could easily serve to hurt their election results.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Hopefully his plan is "delay and forget" like it sounds, and not handing the baton to a commission to do it and take the blame for him.

I believe it's a classic Trump tactic, get as many opponents on the rug as he can and then yank the rug out from under them!

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    completely expected him to drop this push.

every time he says something and everyone freaks out about the sky falling it just feels like he is wagging the dog. encouraging the left to push hard for more gun control right before a mid term election season could easily serve to hurt their election results.

I hope that's how it actually turns out!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The President said the "Political Will" isn't there to do it.

That's not at all the same as him saying he was reversing his position on 18-21 for long guns.

The very moment the political will is there to do it, we'll see age restrictions and many other forms of gun control.

If the Left takes control of congress, we'll see the 2A used as a bargaining chip.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I don’t think he is back tracking on anything. He is pro 2a more than a lot of republicans. When he is in these settings around the table with his cabinet or members of Congress he wants them to have a discussion where everyone participates. Sometime this means he says something that he doesn’t necessarily believe so that someone with that view speaks up. It is a CEOs (President) job to get all views discussed, so a good decision can be made and have both sides feeling that they have been heard.

I’m sure this has happened with other Presidents but they weren’t televised. We are seeing how the sausage is being made.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I think he just thinks out loud and what he says isn't exactly what he thinks or how he feels.

Which is actually a terrible trait to have for someone in any leadership position, but especially the POTUS. The Nation essentially hangs on his every word so one would think that Trump would actually think a bit before he opens his mouth.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think he just thinks out loud and what he says isn't exactly what he thinks or how he feels.

This! He has no filter, he thinks out loud, there are more people hanging on his every word than possibly any president ever - both supporters and haters.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I told the wife during the election - Trump was an unknown, but I'd take that over the known of Hillary.

Looks like they are becoming one in the same.

Sheesh, we were supposed to have supressors at the grocery store and national reciprocity by now.

Politicians don't like guns - it threatens their power. How can we trust a government to protect the means to overthrow it?

I'll wait to see what, if anything, comes of all this...

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I told the wife during the election - Trump was an unknown, but I'd take that over the known of Hillary.

Looks like they are becoming one in the same.

Not even close...

Sheesh, we were supposed to have supressors at the grocery store and national reciprocity by now.

That's completely unrealistic. Maybe 150 years ago...

Politicians don't like guns - it threatens their power. How can we trust a government to protect the means to overthrow it?

We don't.

I'll wait to see what, if anything, comes of all this...

Me too. Probably nothing.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Which is actually a terrible trait to have for someone in any leadership position, but especially the POTUS. The Nation essentially hangs on his every word so one would think that Trump would actually think a bit before he opens his mouth.

Maybe, by now, the Nation should stop essentially hanging onto his every word, and listen and learn in the process.

Leaders don't have to be Buddha or God. He's got his own management style and has been very transparent about including the entire Nation in government policymaking. Do you know any politician who's done that?

-0- acted professorial, but it was just an act: 1) he's not that smart; 2) he was usually dead wrong on policy; and 3) he is a serial liar and surrounded himself with serial liars.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I think this is a classic bait and switch by trump.

I half think he is doing it to boost gun sales. He probably doesn't like the low numbers due to the confort level people feel with him in office vs Hillary or Obama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom