• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Anyone here have one of these? I want to replace my carbine length Picatinny quad rail with a full length free float rail. Hear good things about these. Thinking of one of these over a Midwest industries due to price vs. what you get.

thoughts?

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    I had one of their first models that were released early 2017. I won it actually in a contest they had. I was skeptical as the price then was cheaper than the cheap price today. It was a solid piece. Exceeded my expectations. Install was easy, function was great, and the price was best lol. The newer models seem even better. My next will be from them. The fella running it is a good fella.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/quadman400ex/IMG_0653_zps5vsk7cge.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looks an awful lot like a copy of the Fortis rail. I have a Fortis, which is a very good rail.

My point was, If you're going to ask about a product, don't make us go searching for it. You'll get better responses if you post a direct link to the product in question. ;)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Looks an awful lot like a copy of the Fortis rail. I have a Fortis, which is a very good rail.

My point was, If you're going to ask about a product, don't make us go searching for it. You'll get better responses if you post a direct link to the product in question. ;)

I wasn't asking anyone to go searching. I asked for thoughts from anyone who has one of these as I couldn't find any opinions when I searched this forum.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I have theirs RPTR M-Lok Free Float Handguard 10" on my recent build. It is very good and solid.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I have theirs RPTR M-Lok Free Float Handguard 10" on my recent build. It is very good and solid.

im debating between the rptr and vypr 15 inch, as I want a full rail cover on my 16 inch barrel.

The hwk model confuses me, the cut out they make cant really save that much weight...

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

I have seen this in my searches a few times btw. A few folks think they are very much the same and fortis lost a patent of something of the sort. They claim the only difference is the price.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wasn't asking anyone to go searching. I asked for thoughts from anyone who has one of these as I couldn't find any opinions when I searched this forum.

We still need links in case we want one too.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    They look very similar to the matrix arms ones also key difference at first glance is 2 screws instead of MA 3 screws.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The one rub against the Fortis(and maybe these guys have fixed it) was I found I needed to shim the rails so they would line up with the receiver's rail. Other than that, very light, sturdy rail.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I decided to order the 15 inch VYPR rail. It should be here Wednesday. Once I get it installed this weekend, ill post my thoughts for anyone else that may be considering STNGR rails.

on a side note, they process and had my order ready for shipping within 30 minutes of me ordering it. I thought that was crazy fast, free shipping as well.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    I've got one on my .300 blackout

I decided to order the 15 inch VYPR rail. It should be here Wednesday. Once I get it installed this weekend, ill post my thoughts for anyone else that may be considering STNGR rails.

on a side note, they process and had my order ready for shipping within 30 minutes of me ordering it. I thought that was crazy fast, free shipping as well.

Great quality, awesome price and as you've experienced fast service. I have their rails on 2 guns. I do suggest getting the steel barrel nut as the one that comes with it is aluminum.

Attachments

• 300blackout.jpg
      300blackout.jpg
      37.5 KB · Views: 163

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Great quality, awesome price and as you've experienced fast service. I have their rails on 2 guns. I do suggest getting the steel barrel nut as the one that comes with it is aluminum.

I haven't gotten to shoot mine yet but am wondering how hot this thing is gonna get. the cut outs are also a bit bigger then I thought, I hope my finger doesn't slip though and tough the gas block or barrel LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom