• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I just checked and mine said annual. I changed to life a few days ago. I also changed my magazine. It shows the mag change, but not the annual change. I will check again like you say.

Sounds like the membership dept you call is a services dept vs. the ones who deal with updating people's accounts. They didn't know how to look up that I paid and couldn't verify anything. I spoke with 4 people too. All of them said wait 4-6 days for the account to change. They do it manually and didn't know why my account changed to life then back to annual.

They are also swamped. I asked, one lady, if they have been getting many calls for memberships and she said they have never been so busy with calls for memberships.

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    Easy Pay Life

Thanks OP and namrelio for the links! Just changed my annual membership to the easy pay life, 2 years is a little easier to commit to compared to 5! lol

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    IF YOU OWN ONE YOU SHOULD BE ONE>>> a NRA member...

they say there is 300 million guns in America but theirs only 5 million NRA members.....why???????????

TIME to JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    They are also swamped. I asked, one lady, if they have been getting many calls for memberships and she said they have never been so busy with calls for memberships.

Excellent.:thumbsup:

Thanks OP and namrelio for the links! Just changed my annual membership to the easy pay life, 2 years is a little easier to commit to compared to 5! lol

All I did was repeat it. The original ones that posted it have probably signed up a hundred by now. :)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Might join as much as i disagree with them on certain things this war against them is unfair

I did finally. It was tough for me. I am center of the road liberal, but also a pretty staunch social libertarian and I believe firmly in all the amendments in the bill of rights (well, the existing ones) and I am certainly a “don’t give an inch” gun owner and hunter.

It wouldn’t have been a second thought, but the NRA has been pushing towards a far right conservative political activist group over the last about 8-12yrs. It would be one thing if they stuck to just 2A and hunting/sportsman stuff, but they’ve been doing a lot of far right advocacy things (like giving Ajit Pai the courage under Fire award at CPAC for “saving the internet” with his massive pandering to ISPs by strike net neutrality rules which is bad for pretty much everyone and about 90% of Americans are against).

But...they are also THE public face for our 2A rights and certainly the biggest and loudest organization sticking up for us in that respect.

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    after years and years of thinking about it, i finally joined. our rights are under threat and i feel that now is the time to join

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    IF YOU OWN ONE YOU SHOULD BE ONE>>> a NRA member...

they say there is 300 million guns in America but theirs only 5 million NRA members.....why???????????

According to some democrat influenced college survey, half of all those guns are owned by 3% of the population. So roughly there are 9 million people that as a group average 16 guns each. How many MDshooter members are there, I’m pretty sure this group moves the average up :)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Cause each one of us owns 60 guns....

I apparently need to play catch-up. I doubt I have 10 if you ignore bare receivers. Though my wife acts like I own 60.

I guess I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb...:lol2:

Besides from the last paper I read on it the most common ownership levels (mode) were 2, 1 and then I think it was either 5 or 7. Only about 3-5% of gun owners (about 3-5 million or so) own more than 20 firearms. Of course lesser numbers who own 3 or 4 or 8, etc.

So multiple ownership is the most common, but there are a lot who only own 1 gun or only a very small number.

Give me another 3 or 4 years and I’ll be in the over 20 club too. I can only afford to add 2-3 a year to my collection after all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    According to some democrat influenced college survey, half of all those guns are owned by 3% of the population. So roughly there are 9 million people that as a group average 16 guns each. How many MDshooter members are there, I’m pretty sure this group moves the average up :)

Near as I can tell the survey wasn’t biased that much. Seems about right. If you look deeper in to their numbers it was more like 5 million-ish were over 20 and about 4 million in the 15-20 range. Then you’ve got something like 10 million in the 10-15 range and about 20 million at 5-10 and 80 million who own 1-5 with the most common being 2 in that group.

I mean, 1% of Americans own around 50% of our nations wealth. So 3% of Americans owning 50% of the guns sounds a lot more egalitarian to me.

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    Just added my name to the NRA membership list. $600 was a little too steep for me, and besides, my expected years remaining in animated form isn't that long. The 5-year membership for $100 was very acceptable.The main reason for joining was to cast a vote AGAINST the far left efforts to make private gun ownership so constrained that for all practical purposes, it would be illegal to have one. We are already nearing that situation in MD, considering it's illegal for me to take my handgun off my property except to a range or to sell it. And, conversely, it's my vote FOR gun private ownership. The Parkland event was terrible, but red flags that would have prevented it were ignored.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Endowment is on sale as well 75% off I was able to upgrade from life for $250

Money well spent, NRA is not perfect but they are fighting hard and I would like to see my kids and then their kids be able to enjoy the use of firearms instead of just hearing stories

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Just pulled the trigger on the Life upgrade. At $600 bucks with the easy pay option the decision was a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom