• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    I have been looking at one of these rifles but, does anyone have any experience with them? The one I am looking at is 6.5x55 Swede. Please let me know what you think!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have a 550FS (full Mannlicher stock) in 6.5 Swede...it's an excellent rifle. The 550 has an American style stock design but that's really the only difference. You buy that rifle and you will not regret it.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I had a 550 Varmint in .308 for awhile but never really cared for the trigger. Traded it for a Remington 700 LR and installed a Timney 510 trigger.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I have a 550FS (full Mannlicher stock) in 6.5 Swede...it's an excellent rifle. The 550 has an American style stock design but that's really the only difference. You buy that rifle and you will not regret it.

+1 I have the FS CZ550 in 6.5 Swede. Awesome rifle ! I never shot it with the iron sights and just put a scope on it. It does have an odd scope rail size....19mm dovetail I think but it's been a few years.
    It also has an awesome "set trigger" .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Z, you've got me curious.....you didn't care for the set trigger, or for the feel of the trigger in single stage, or both?

Both. It had either way too much take-up or was a 'hair' trigger when set. I just couldn't group consistently with it.

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Both. It had either way too much take-up or was a 'hair' trigger when set. I just couldn't group consistently with it.

Mine as a set trigger was very predictable ,crisp but not too light. It's made for bench rest type target shooting. A "hair" trigger was kind of the point.
    In the regular mode there was almost zero creep. You must have got a bad one :shrug:
    Mine from sand bags using the set trigger will routinely get MOA or 1.5" groups even with cheap Privi SP ammo

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Gotcha. I don't own the 550, but I do own the 527. First time for that style trigger for me.

Like you, I struggled a bit with the trigger in much the same way, and for much the same reasons. That trigger I did find can be adjusted to almost zero take up, but then you lose the set trigger feature. Though for hunting, one (me for one) might arguably want to lose the set trigger. The set trigger grew on me off the bench though. I almost abandoned it, and it sure took awhile.

Appreciate your feedback!

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Gotcha. I don't own the 550, but I do own the 527. First time for that style trigger for me.

Like you, I struggled a bit with the trigger in much the same way, and for much the same reasons. That trigger I did find can be adjusted to almost zero take up, but then you lose the set trigger feature. Though for hunting, one (me for one) might arguably want to lose the set trigger. The set trigger grew on me off the bench though. I almost abandoned it, and it sure took awhile.

I have the CZ 527 Royal in .223 with the same set trigger.
    That one will shoot MOA all day long as long as I do my part.

Attachments

• DSC02185_zps2c3f865e.jpg
      DSC02185_zps2c3f865e.jpg
      145.2 KB · Views: 88
    • DSC02187_zps1c8a7a4c.jpg
      DSC02187_zps1c8a7a4c.jpg
      162.2 KB · Views: 89

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

You're welcome! I'll admit that I was spoiled by the Rem 700 since it was the only rifle I hunted with for the better part of 40 years. Shoulda known that it would take more patience and effort to change than I was willing to give but, I tried one anyway because I thought CZ rifles were a tremendous value for the money. Still do. I just don't shoot them very well. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom