• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    It wouldn’t make me agree with them..... However I would respect them more if they were attempting to ban handguns.

This funny in a pathetic way... I recently read an article that the original NFA included handguns. I knew that part. However the reason they included SBR’s was because they didn’t want to leave a workaround where people could cut a rifle barrel and end up with a pistol. Du-oh

I guess they never imagined the AR pistol.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    If they break Virginia it just means that demographically Virginia changed and conservatives were resting on their political laurels. However all hope is not lost. Democrats controlled the VA statehouse for 100yrs and Republicans only obtained a majority in 2000. The state is very much in play. I think the democrats who somehow think that they have a public mandate to attack the 2nd amendment, may make make some progress on that agenda, but will be in for a big surprise come 2021. I hope that all of the recent 2A sanctuary pushback actually causes them to double down and dig in. I think it’s important to expose their intentions and then let them fall on the sword. If they are given the chance to walk back their anti-gun rhetoric but stay in power, that will be worse for conservative causes long term.

As for other states, it’s tough to say. Historically when people move from one region to another they do change the culture, but if those changes occur more slowly the regional culture can remain intact. There is truly massive migration of money and people fleeing the high tax North East to Florida, SC, NC and Tennessee. Californians are moving to NV, Idaho and AZ. Eventually as those historically democratic strongholds loose money and population, they loose political power and influence. Who knows, someday the population living in conservative upstate NY may be able to exert more political influence over NYC. I hope I live long enough to see it.

All true, if we were talking about roads, teacher pay or possibly the state bird. Popularity is not a prerequisite for COTUS enumerated (not granted) rights. Firearms and self-defense are clearly not ‘popular’. It’s something we should all work to correct.

You’re right about liking the way they’ve dug in and for the first time have been honest enough to admit what they want. Conversely, SCOTUS has taken the opposite approach and has left the ship rudderless. It feels like Roberts mission is to be a mediator rather than a judge.

No way I’m declaring VA a temporary casualty. Roberts is going to get front row seat to what happens when his court isn’t functioning as intended. Hopefully that view will inspire the court to clarify their prior rulings when they decide NYSRPA

Meanwhile, if VA is lost, it will become that much worse for other states. If Northam delivers VA to Bloomberg with a bow on it this year, he can safely divert more of his money somewhere else next year.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm not sure what all the debate is about here; all I am saying is get into the face of these legislators and question everything they say WRT to gun legislation. Is that so hard?

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm not sure what all the debate is about here; all I am saying is get into the face of these legislators and question everything they say WRT to gun legislation. Is that so hard?

It does take money and time but no it’s not ‘hard’. i know this because many of us have been doing exactly what you propose for many years. We done that work at a various levels of local, state and federal government.

The problem is that so far, it’s been ineffective. I think that’s why you don’t feel like your strategy is getting the consideration it deserves.

They’ve told us that they consider us to be children and that if they don’t respond everything will be fine. That pretty much summarizes how effective we’ve been at asking thoughtful questions.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I definitely agree that these are not reasonable level-headed people we are dealing with.

So the way to respond to these unreasonable elected representatives is to confront them "Patriot Picket" style at their Town Halls and other public events. Signs held with short messages regarding their lack of support of the Constitution and disregard of their Oath of Office will reach a much larger audience. The pols may not listen but if enough of their constituents hear these messages they may take required actions at voting time. fred55

p.s. I thank the PP for their actions in Annapolis and giving others the methods for peaceful civil rights demonstrations. https://www.mdshooters.com/images/smilies/party29.gif

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I definitely agree that these are not reasonable level-headed people we are dealing with.

Nope. Not at all. No amount of facts will sway them. They don’t care about crime. They don’t care about saving lives. They want a disarmed populace. Period.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Ask your new legislators why they think the gun control measures they are proposing will succeed in Virginia when the same kinds of laws passed in Maryland in 2013 did not.

because it doesn't hurt to just try, at least in their minds. to them, saving one life is worth disarming millions, even if that leads to the millions not being able to defend themselves. lots of folks don't have guns and they could care less if others had guns, and they think that with a few less guns out there, they are less likely to be shot. and the 2nd amendment is way old and just applies to military and perhaps leo or ng.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    because it doesn't hurt to just try, at least in their minds. to them, saving one life is worth disarming millions, even if that leads to the millions not being able to defend themselves. lots of folks don't have guns and they could care less if others had guns, and they think that with a few less guns out there, they are less likely to be shot. and the 2nd amendment is way old and just applies to military and perhaps leo or ng.

I would disagree. They’re not interested in saving lives, NOT ONE. If they were they would pass laws that would put felons caught with a gun away for life or at least a very long time. In MD last year the Dems refused a bill just like this.
    I’m convinced that they don’t care how many men, women, or children die because it just furthers their goal of abolishing the 2nd Amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    In looking at the proposed bills for this session, SB16 has been deleted. This was the semi-auto and magazine ban. It's unknown if it resurface later, I do not trust Northam or Saslaw, or any other Dem for that matter. Perhaps they feel the heat, but the heat will remain on until they stop the attacks on the Constitution and Second Amendment. Jan. 13th and 20th are still ON. fred55

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Ask your new legislators why they think the gun control measures they are proposing will succeed in Virginia when the same kinds of laws passed in Maryland in 2013 did not. Violent crime in Baltimore is awful.

MARYLANDERS should also be asking this question as part of each of our MGA testimonies, IMO.

Why should we accept the BS they've imposed on us?

attachment.php

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Nope. Not at all. No amount of facts will sway them. They don’t care about crime. They don’t care about saving lives. They want a disarmed populace. Period.

Exactly. At this point they have made it clear that they don't care what we say. They do not represent us, and they will not represent us. Talking only works when someone is listening. They have made it absolutely clear they only listen in order to ridicule us, not to understand our viewpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom