• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Those of us in his district (and others) should write and call Sen Lynwood Lewis, now, and tomorrow, and the next day, and the next!

Here is his email: district06@senate.virginia.gov

Here is his phone number: (804) 698-7506 (Office)

Here's one example: (don't copy, edit and use your words!)
    "Dear Senator Lewis,
    I take pen (“keyboard”) in hand yet again to appeal to you, sir; please stop, look around, LOOK at the insane bills being proffered in the name of “safety”, of “commonsense gun laws”? A bill to stop training a young housewife in the use of a firearm in self defense? A bill to shutter all indoor ranges unless owned by the Commonwealth? Confiscating what were once legal firearms, owned by law abiding citizens of Virginia? Making those same citizens into felons overnight? Allotting extra funds to incarcerate those that hold their Second Amendment Freedoms dear? My local friends and neighbors who know (knew) you well, grew up with you, they say you don’t support this. I’ve heard that you have publicly stated that you do not support this, but on that day, sir, how will you vote? With your party, or with your conscience?

I am sorry we did not have the pleasure of your company at the recent Exmore Town Hall meeting, hosted by the NRA/ILA, I think you would have been made to feel among friends, friends that are worried for their freedom, friends that need a man of conviction to stand up for them and vote against these onerous laws, that, in the long run, would dis-arm those good citizens that you would trust with arms.

The laws proposed would not thwart crime in the least, but would make citizens disarmed, and even easier prey for the lawless. Please understand, there is no evil inside the blued steel of a gun, be it an AR15 semiautomatic rifle, or a 90 year old Browning shotgun with the finish worn smooth and bright from years of carry in the game fields and marshes of the Old Dominion. The evil that makes men hurt other men, lies in the heart of the man, not the gun. You KNOW that, and you can help stop this insanity, and you are one of the few that might see it as what it is, and vote against it. The freedom that Virginians hold so dear, should not be offered for sale to those that would turn Virginia into a place where freedom is only dared whispered of, in hushed tones…

I am praying that God and the Spirit of our Founding Fathers will guide your hand,
    Very Respectfully,
    Your Name"

Or whatever, just write something to the guy in a rational, non threatening manner.
    Get busy!

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    The General Assembly's 2020 session started on Wednesday. It seems the Democrats are in a bit of disarray, as they did not even set the rules for the General Assembly, which is traditionally done on the first day! So we still don't know if there will be any changes to the rules on concealed handgun permit holders being able to carry in the General Assembly Building. You will be advised as soon as we learn if there are to be any changes.

This year we need everyone to email their legislators once every day from Monday through Thursday each week until we say to stop.

Soon we will also have you calling your legislators every day with a message, too. We want their phones to melt down.

We have a new system that makes all of that a snap and provides different messages automatically!

LET'S ROLL VCDL! SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ETC., TOO

Click the link below to send a pre-written email that you can customize as you see fit. The system will automatically figure out who your legislators are by your home address and will send the email to the correct people. This literally will take less than a minute for the very first email and about 30 seconds or less for each of the others, as the system will automatically remember your name, address, phone number, etc.

The system rotates through several different pre-written messages, so your message should change each day.

We will be doing other email and phone-call campaigns as the weeks goes on. This first campaign is to get the ball rolling quickly. It does not mention bill numbers, only the type of bills that the legislators are expected to support or oppose.

We need to make sure our voices are heard and we need to stay in constant contact with our legislators, ESPECIALLY DEMOCRAT LEGISLATORS!

https://us20.campaign-archive.com/?u=b28f1d9ea359b104b09836c4c&id=b0904a9738

If you live in a Democrat district, it is particularly critical that you send an email to your legislators each day. STARTING NOW! Time is short.

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl.fastly.net/promo/1xP

(NOTE: To send a new message each day, scroll down on the VCDL.org main page until you will see a box on the right side labeled "Take Action Now." Clicking on "Next" button starts the same email procedure as clicking on the link above.)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    "This year we need everyone to email their legislators once every day from Monday through Thursday each week until we say to stop."

They sure made it easy to do.

Yes they did, and I ask you; of all the people that stand around and proclaim, "Well, they ain't taking MY guns!", if those "patriots" can't quite find the time to even click on a link, fill in some basic info and hit "send", how can you expect yourself to have the courage to physically resist gun confiscation?

You can't take time to "write" a pre-written letter, you can't find time to make a phone call, you sure as HELL can't use a vacation day (on a NATIONAL HOLIDAY) to get on a bus, or carpool to Richmond to lobby these legislative nut jobs in person, into seeing their proposals as the dangerous folly that they are. Some of you most likely don't actually even vote, because you don't think it'll matter, or you think that it will put you on some secret federal "list" (brother, you already ARE on a secret federal list!), so for all that, you think, when the time really, REALLY comes, THEN you'll stand up? Horseshit! If you're not doing all that you can RIGHT NOW, you're helping THEM win. Thanks.
    (I realize there is a mild tone of frustration in my posting, it is intentional...)

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    "This year we need everyone to email their legislators once every day from Monday through Thursday each week until we say to stop."

They sure made it easy to do.
    All I meant was Yes, It is easy to do. Lets all do it.

Yes they did, and I ask you; of all the people that stand around and proclaim, "Well, they ain't taking MY guns!", if those "patriots" can't quite find the time to even click on a link, fill in some basic info and hit "send", how can you expect yourself to have the courage to physically resist gun confiscation?

You can't take time to "write" a pre-written letter, you can't find time to make a phone call, you sure as HELL can't use a vacation day (on a NATIONAL HOLIDAY) to get on a bus, or carpool to Richmond to lobby these legislative nut jobs in person, into seeing their proposals as the dangerous folly that they are. Some of you most likely don't actually even vote, because you don't think it'll matter, or you think that it will put you on some secret federal "list" (brother, you already ARE on a secret federal list!), so for all that, you think, when the time really, REALLY comes, THEN you'll stand up? Horseshit! If you're not doing all that you can RIGHT NOW, you're helping THEM win. Thanks.
    (I realize there is a mild tone of frustration in my posting, it is intentional...)

If the rest of this BS is directed to me personally, up yours. You have no idea what I do or don't do. You do your thing, I'll do mine.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    All I meant was Yes, It is easy to do. Lets all do it.

If the rest of this BS is directed to me personally, up yours. You have no idea what I do or don't do. You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Not directed at you at all, but I run into so many people that talk a lot, but can't find the time to do anything towards supporting this, and venting my frustration towards them, no, of course I'm not pointing this at you, you stated how easy to do this is, and yet I know it's still not easy enough for some. That's who chaps my ass.
    My apologies if this was worded as directed at you, it was certainly not meant to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom