• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just got one of these in 32ACP. I'm unable to detach the slide from the frame; don't know what's hanging it up.

Anyone know a gunsmith who's familiar with these old beauties?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah, I yanked that thing, but it's not interested in leaving the frame.

The mechanism is complicated, I don't know what's hanging it up, and I certainly don't want to damage it in the attempt.

Jul 1, 2012
    The unblinking eye site is what I used for mine as a starting point. IIRC it was a PITA.
    There's a good YouTube video out there somewhere as well that has several (ok, 5) parts, including how to RE-assemble it :)
    It has good pics of how the parts look and their relationship.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0G0bUSv94

You have to pull on the muzzle to release the barrel and it's painful (step 5 - easier said than done).
    Take special care not to booger up the frame pin, it should come out easily and if it doesn't, DON'T keep prying on it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Pin comes out pretty easily. Then nada. I can only pull the barrel/slide assembly slightly forward until it refuses to move any farther. I really don't want to break anything unseen, as it's all pure unobtainium in there.

Just FYI, I have another and it comes apart the way it's supposed to. I don't have enough knowledge to figure what's impeding the removal of the slide on the new one. (Older one is in 380; new one is 32ACP)

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Gunsmith at Atlantic Guns in SS managed to get it stripped. He had to clamp the barrel in a vise to get the slide off. He cleaned iththoroughly, lubed and reassembled. It will require extreme measures to strip in future; he said that he would have to have removed some metal from the breech block to render the process easy, and that would weaken it, so no go.

I had contacted he seller on GB, and he offered to send funds to cover the gunsmith's charge, so it's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom