• JPTJ70

Nov 14, 2017
    Over 14k now. Thanks for the heads up.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    *UPDATE FROM TIM @ MAC

BATF BUMP STOCK REGULATION UPDATE:
    Many of you keep emailing me asking about the status of the BATF proposed regulation of "rate increasing devices". Here's where we are at.

According to a source in the BATF they had over 30,000 comments. They must pull in some agents to help sort through all 30,000 comments. Once this is complete, they will then publish the proposed regulation change. This likely won't happen until after the mid-term elections.

With that being said, the 30,000 number could have been substantially larger if the NRA had done their job. Not only did they ask the BATF for this regulation change, but they sat silent through the entire comments period and didn't ask their membership to oppose the regulation change through the comment period. This is simply unacceptable and is why I will never again support the NRA. If this regulation change goes through and it's as bad as it can be (open ended) you will have the NRA to thank once again.

The Gun Owners of America spoke out to their membership and even created a page making it easier for gun owners to make a comment on the ATF's page. Every comment must be read and questions responded to before they can go to the next phase of the process. If we had 200,000 comments, they may have stopped there. We've done that in the past by overwhelming the ATF with comments. One example was the proposed change to ban M855. We shut that down.

I was hoping the NRA would for once do the right thing and lend a helping hand. They didn't.

As soon as I know more about the proposed regulation change, I'll post it here and I will make a video about it.

A great big THANK YOU to all who stood up to be counted and commented on the ATF's page. We need more gun owners like you in the fight for our Liberty.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    When Tim @ MAC put out his video on January 18 encouraging people to fill out the ATF comment form, he said there were only 6-7k at the time, so he, the GOA, and others that reminded folks helped bring in 23k comments before the January 25 deadline, as pointed out in the IV8888 thread.

As the same poster and another astutely implied in that thread, IV8888 put out his video on the issue after the comment period had closed. I don't think that it was intentional by Eric at IV8888, but suggests a lack of leadership on the issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    NRA is only one of my lobbying groups. I'm willing to assume that they have reasons for their actions, some of which involve remaining more toward the center than the fringe with regard to influencing legislators.

Certainly folks like GOA, SAF, JPFO can take a harder line.

Pressure is pressure; coming from a variety of directions at a variety of intensities can be useful.

I don't get disrespecting organisations which are operating on my behalf. It's the long game that wins permanent results.

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    The only pressure I see from the nra is pressure to compromise, pressured the atf to issue a cheap ruling. They've compromised the 2A over a cheap piece of plastic with little concern over what happens down the road with rates of fire. Compromise is not advancing nor is it center or holding the line. nra is tops when it comes to teaching and promoting gun safety, but quick to compromise my rights when the line is drawn, as history has shown. Theyve become good at lobbying and politicking so im sure they wont let a good disaster go to waste.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    NRA is only one of my lobbying groups. I'm willing to assume that they have reasons for their actions, some of which involve remaining more toward the center than the fringe with regard to influencing legislators.

Certainly folks like GOA, SAF, JPFO can take a harder line.

Pressure is pressure; coming from a variety of directions at a variety of intensities can be useful.

I don't get disrespecting organisations which are operating on my behalf. It's the long game that wins permanent results.

Question I ask all NRA supporters what exactly has the NRA accomplished in the last couple decades?
    What have they done to roll back the 20k plus gun laws in existence that have been proven time and time again to have zero effect on crime?
    Would you say they failed you with Republicans in control by pushing fix nics which would seal the fate of over 200k gun owners (failed system they invented many years ago) and now completely ok/ insisted the atf review slidefire stocks (now being a 3rd time) not to mention with very loose verbiage..yet failed to get their champion bill thru (50 state reciprocity)? Rumors have been whispered for weeks now that the bill is officially as cold as the weather outside..
    What did they do with sandy hook, Cali laws and ny laws, hush/HPA?

I’m asking out of curiosity as I’ve only been in the game for just over a year and have watched the NRA lay down to everything yet ask for donations in my mailbox once a month

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They put a lot of money and influence toward electing Trump.

Their ability to mobilise voters makes legislators who might be on the fence over 2A to seriously consider the direction of their voting.

They pay the salaries of representatives who take an active part in lobbying legislatures - yes, even in MD. And they have had some successes in that endeavor.

Expecting them to deliver the goods against a stacked deck of progressive lawmakers in places like MD, NY, NJ and CA is unrealistic. Still, slow, constant erosion has brought Shall Issue/Constitutional Carry to a bunch of states over the last few decades. We here in MD would be worse off absent the NRA.

Also they irritate the bejeezus out of the Left.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    They put a lot of money and influence toward electing Trump.

Their ability to mobilise voters makes legislators who might be on the fence over 2A to seriously consider the direction of their voting.

They pay the salaries of representatives who take an active part in lobbying legislatures - yes, even in MD. And they have had some successes in that endeavor.

Expecting them to deliver the goods against a stacked deck of progressive lawmakers in places like MD, NY, NJ and CA is unrealistic. Still, slow, constant erosion has brought Shall Issue/Constitutional Carry to a bunch of states over the last few decades. We here in MD would be worse off absent the NRA.

Also they irritate the bejeezus out of the Left.

It's not just the left, they irritate the crap out of me too. The NRA needs to start defending our rights. They need a new president, they need new direction, and they need to stand firm.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Update on the responses

Attachments

• 3600B2E9-1C64-481B-95C8-17B54F2D7EB7.jpeg
      3600B2E9-1C64-481B-95C8-17B54F2D7EB7.jpeg
      104.3 KB · Views: 141

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads