• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Bloomberg certainly seems to be getting his money's worth.

The media are highlighting the students' activities and elevating them to a level of importance unsupported by their experience, influence and maturity.

Yep, sure, I want my rights dictated by the out of control emotions of a bunch of hormonally challenged 15-18 year-olds who are parroting the opinions of their mostly leftist teachers.

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    I commend their activism, but not their cause. I’m sure a lot of them are involved through peer pressure alone. Too bad most of them will not stay politically active for great causes.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

The media are highlighting the students' activities and elevating them to a level of importance unsupported by their experience, influence and maturity.

Yep, sure, I want my rights dictated by the out of control emotions of a bunch of hormonally challenged 15-18 year-olds who are parroting the opinions of their mostly leftist teachers.

The gun control lobby will probably raise 30 million to stage this, ALL deductible charitable contributions, and probably spent 20 million.

Bloomberg group will run this, but the funding will come from major corporations.

You have to remember being against guns is not "lobbying" in IRS terms but charitable work. you can just say your spending is to oppose violence. As long as the organizers themselves don't argue more specifically than "end guns""remove guns" guns are evil" it can all be charitable

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I commend their activism, but not their cause. I’m sure a lot of them are involved through peer pressure alone. Too bad most of them will not stay politically active for great causes.

High schoolers are more likely to oppose first amendment, and fourth and fifth amendment rights. Why not add second?. Free speech as long as it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. It is not 20 or 30% of high schoolers who think Americans should not be able to say offensive things, but over 50%.

This event will be nirvana for gun control lobby because they know gun ownership is inherently confidential and any counter protest positive outcome is impossible

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo

How could he not?

You hit the nail on the head: All of these kids are living in a false reality.

They seem to not be paying attention that out of the 11,000+ homicides in the US, all but ~700 of the are with a handgun. The the breakdown is about 300 via shotgun and ~400with a rifle of any type.

They are scared, and the leftist Democracts are feeding them lies and inaccurate data.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Be active....on your own time. But let's see if the teachers get paid and the kids get excused absences.
    They seem to always get to protest on the publics dime as long as it's a cause deemed worthy by "academia".

chipd

May 20, 2017
    those lazy liberals will take off school, and then just sit in a basement smoking weed and playing video games. don't worry. anti gun rallies are always a huge joke. finding 100 people in one place at one of them is basically unheard of.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    I've seen a lot about National School Walkout on March 14. It is all over a FB page for teachers from my county and from my school. It is to pressure Congress to "do something" but of course it is being spun already. Teachers are talking about making a really big deal of it and walking their classes outside (forced activism on the students). They are spinning it as "honoring the kids killed in Florida" so if you don't participate you are a cold-hearted lout who doesn't honor the dead. Things are already getting ugly for those of us who disagree with them. I've already had teachers (not students) engage me in gun control conversations after the killings with a "see we told you so" attitude (those who know where I stand) and get an attitude like I'm responsible for the murders because I disagree with them. I'm not looking forward to 3/14 when I refuse to walk out with them to protest our country's "lack" of gun control. I would call out sick that day but I had the flu (still recovering, though mostly there) and have no sick days left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom