• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Ran into a former HS friend who I haven't seen in 25 yrs. He said he shoots at a place on the shore called Alexanders Sporting Farm. We didnt have a lot of time to chat but I said I would be interested in joining him there some time.

Anyone know anything about this place? Whats it like?

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Long drive, in Golts outside of Massey, almost to Del. Up 301.

People that run it are first rate. Used to have a beautiful Sporting Clays facility. Closed it for sand and gravel mining.

Haven't been there in years (since they closed down the clays range), but IIRC, covered firing points out to 300 yards.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    There is few more posts in the comments section. I did a range review in that forum. If any any more questions let me know. Happy to help.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    There is few more posts in the comments section. I did a range review in that forum. If any any more questions let me know. Happy to help.
    Here is your quote:

Range report: So me and my cousin went on Saturday, stopped at the house and registered. Took about ten minutes. Mrs. Alexander is very friendly and helpful. They have two ranges available to the members. A 100m to 600m rifle range and a 10m to 75m pistol range. Rifle- 15 benches, pistol- 10 stations. Only two other people were at the pistol range for the two hours there and only one other at the rifle. So nice and spaced out. Spent all day there and had a great time. I will definitely be making this a biweekly outing.

What did it cost? Can anyone just show up?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks for that. The prices for 1 person are 150 for 6months and 250 for a year. If you go as a guest with a member it's 20 for the day.

Thanks for the info. I did a search before posting but nothing turned up.

I may have to team up with my friend and check it out some day.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    My wife and i like it a lot. Shoot at the pistol range often. Like to bring our steel and shoot at 15 yds. Sitting here looking at the frozen river and the 20 degree temp on the thermo and thinking about going. Probably won’t. Ask for ms. Shirley.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Great to hear they are doing well. Sure do miss thier Clays range, especially the "goose pit" Actual Goose pit (wish we had that staircase in some of ours though) beside one of ponds, two towers across the pond that threw incoming floaters into the decoys in front of you on the pond. About as close to real as you could get without live birds.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Went to alexanders today. Summer hours! Opens at 8 am. A little cold. Ms shirley drives out to see who is using the range ( her house is acrosss the st from the entrance. No one on the handgun range one person, when we left, on the rifle range. So much nicer than indoor shooting.

BennyB

Nov 1, 2013
    Chase, MD
    Are there target stands on the rifle range or do you need to bring your own? Also, do they allow you to shoot steel there or is it limited to paper? Thanks in advance!

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Are there target stands on the rifle range or do you need to bring your own? Also, do they allow you to shoot steel there or is it limited to paper? Thanks in advance!

Yes, target stands on rifle range, but not sure on distances longer than 100yd. They have steel laying on the 200+yd berms, don't remember about 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom