• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Harford county
    Just want to say hi here and do a little introduction on me. So I took an engineering position at APG so I will be moving from the people's republic of kalifornia over to Maryland in the beginning of march. So I am trying to spin my self up on a different set of oppressive gun laws from the information on this forum. And before you say it, I know that I should move to PA because it is sooo close, and who knows, maybe i will. But for now i will be here.

I am not new to guns. Hell, I spent a good amount of my time in the marine corps doing my side billet where I was a PMI for new recruits and for various regiments. But my niche is in doing PRS comps and long range shooting. I know that I probably find the open land where I can set targets up at 1 mile and beyond (currently i do monthly 2000+ yard shoots) but I was hoping I could find others where I can do these types of shoots with. Even if it the distances are shorter.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Welcome! We don’t say this to many people, but YOU are gonna love our gun laws.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    welcome! check out www.peacemakernational.com for LR/PRS matches. not quite a mile or two but certainly 1200yds.

man, calif with crap gun laws and md with crap gun laws. think i woulda stayed with calif. other than crap gun laws & politics, traffic and LA, what a beautiful place - tahoe, redwoods, palm desert, pacific coast, etc.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah, im looking forward to having suppressors and a somewhat SBR again. Still dont get to use my normal cap mags, but its a step in the right direction

You can have standard capacity magazines, you just can’t buy them here. We have a bill introduced to ban owning anything over 10 rounds.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hurray for Maryland...."We suck less than California"

Feb 17, 2018
    Harford county
    Im actually surprised i haven't gotten the "save yourself and move to PA" yet. That seems to be the theme in most of the posts i have gotten on trying to understand the "assault weapon" laws for new residents.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Im actually surprised i haven't gotten the "save yourself and move to PA" yet. That seems to be the theme in most of the posts i have gotten on trying to understand the "assault weapon" laws for new residents.

That sounds all well and good until you actually have to live that lifestyle. It sounds really cool to make your decision about where to live around gun laws until you are in the car for 3 hours a day.

Maryland pays well, and it's about the only reason that most of us are here outside of familial ties to the state.

It's something to be endured for most of us.

I grew up here. My parents are here.

My wife and I make better than average money here.

That being said, this isn't where we will stay when the time comes to move on to the next phase of life.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That sounds all well and good until you actually have to live that lifestyle. It sounds really cool to make your decision about where to live around gun laws until you are in the car for 3 hours a day.

Maryland pays well, and it's about the only reason that most of us are here outside of familial ties to the state.

It's something to be endured for most of us.

I grew up here. My parents are here.

My wife and I make better than average money here.

That being said, this isn't where we will stay when the time comes to move on to the next phase of life.

That’s why I’m here.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That’s why I’m here.

We sock away about 40-50% of our annual income for the specific reason that we want to get out of here when the time comes. I can't go to anywhere that we'd want to live and make anything that even comes close to our income here.

Other than my parents being here, the only reason we are here after having lived in free America is that the benefits counteract the liabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom