• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    I try to pick up the gun buyer annual and other similar magazines whenever I can and I was wondering, is there a magazine like the buyers guide for just curio & relic? Thanks for any help.

PS. Even if this is true or not, I'd like to hear what your favorite c&r magazine's are. thanks again

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    There is/was a version of Gun's N' Ammo, (or another type of similar magazine) that would run an annual edition completely dedicated to C&R firearms. It was a really great read but I haven't gotten a copy in a year or two. I think they would print it every summer.

Other than that I'd get the occasional Shotgun News or National Rifleman magazine.

All together I haven't gotten any gun related magazines in a while. I've been buying up a lot of actual reference books lately.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    This one is excellent, but only comes out yearly. Provides articles with actual researched information:

military-surplus-2016-cover-277x369.1440527397.jpg

EDIT: the new one just came out:

p8LR7I.jpg

This one is ok, but mainly focuses on antiques (there's the occasional C&R) and is split about 50/50 with swords and other antique edged weapons. It's either monthly or quarterly, I think. I like it, though, cuz there's some good into in there:

91h8J-pTtiL._SY450_.jpg

This one is absolute garbage, and is also annual, I think. Pretty much just copies info from the first google search result and is more a catalog for garbage new-made clones. I cannot reiterate enough how much I hate this thing:

GNSR13_SF1.jpg

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    This one is excellent, but only comes out yearly. Provides articles with actual researched information:

This one is ok, but mainly focuses on antiques (there's the occasional C&R) and is split about 50/50 with swords and other antique edged weapons. It's either monthly or quarterly, I think. I like it, though, cuz there's some good into in there:

91h8J-pTtiL._SY450_.jpg

This one is absolute garbage, and is also annual, I think. Pretty much just copies info from the first google search result and is more a catalog for garbage new-made clones. I cannot reiterate enough how much I hate this thing:

GNSR13_SF1.jpg

Thanks for the picture Reverendbeer. The first one is what I was talking about in my post.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I guess I'm just cheap. I don't see buying those mags for the amount of info you get compared to their cost. Not a good cost:value ratio in my view. Give me the good old interweb anytime.

YMMV

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    C&R values

EDIT: the new one just came out:

p8LR7I.jpg

91h8J-pTtiL._SY450_.jpg

GNSR13_SF1.jpg

What does #1 cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom