• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LKGMADMAX

Sep 9, 2017
    Okay Savage fans, here's an interesting piece the grandson of the original owner sold me this one about a year-and-a-half ago it came with two Immaculate nickel-plated magazines as well and even fragments of the Box lid that it came in. What's interesting about the nickel-plated Savages there were only about 600-650 produced in the 20 years of production at Savage in nickel, they were divided between the two calibers .32 and .380. The 78 year old gentleman who had the pistol gave it to a friend for a good cleaning the friend was infatuated with it and posted a couple of pictures and one of the gun forums I'm a member of, I sent a private message asking if he thought the gentleman might be interested in selling it he spoke with him and sure enough he said he would and I had thrown out a ballpark figure on it. We were able to work out the details and the rest is history. The nickel plating is in very very good condition with exception of the situations in the slide is a little degradation in between the situations but nothing major. It still maintains a pretty nice Shine for an old nickel pistol it's over a hundred years old.

Here's a link to additional pictures.
    https://goo.gl/photos/A4NRzYjCJu8PAPv9A

upload_-1-1.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2012
    Sweet. A very difficult variation to find for sure.
    Funny how getting one leads to another and then all of a sudden a safe full.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Very rare, again in excellent condition. High end Savages like this rarely hit the market, most are buried in collections. That's an amazing find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom