• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Anybody seen a mas 36 or a mas 49 in your local gun shop? Looking to add one to the collection. Any help thanks.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Post-war MAS 36s are much easier to find vs pre-war. But getting harder to find, surprisingly. When they were imported over 20 yrs ago it seemed the world was swimming in them. Most seem to be locked up in collections these days (mine is filled with about a half dozen pre-war MAS 36s and a solitary post-war version).
    If a MAS 49/56 will do then know that they're relatively easy to find. If you're after a French or Syrian MAS 49 then the search gets harder with the Syrian version being much easier to hunt down (Century imported about 3000 of them, only roughly 250 of the French 49). I've got a lead on some MAS 49/56s, will PM you.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Saw a 49/56 go for half of normal asking last month at auction. Not that it helps you at the moment, but they're out there and you can still find deals if you keep your eyes peeled.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are nice guns, used to be very easy to find (at least 36s and 49/56s). I picked up a 49/56 off a member here on the cheap and am definitely not letting it go.

They are out there, I usually see at least 2 or three at fair prices at most of the larger gunshows.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There were two MAS 49/56s at Redding on Sunday. I was focused on smalls and didn't bother going over to the 2nd ring when they were sold. The first was in as-new condition and the other in excellent condition. If anyone knows the hammer prices I'd be interested in what they fetched.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Percell Custom Gunsmith
    Orange Va. has a MAS in paper wrap and one unwrapped I believe. Give them a call. Large C&R inventory from estates.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom