• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Sure its worth signing, and the NFA should be repealed.

Side note:In 1934 the 200.00 tax was about 3,000 in todays money.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    If the NFA were Repealed completely, would that mean that new production MG's could be sold to us lowly civies, or was that a different law that forbade that?

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    If the NFA were Repealed completely, would that mean that new production MG's could be sold to us lowly civies, or was that a different law that forbade that?

No, that was the Hughes Amendment of FOPA in '86. You could repeal NFA '34 and GCA '68 in their entirety and still not have new civilian machine guns on the US market.

No, that was the Hughes Amendment of FOPA in '86. You could repeal NFA '34 and GCA '68 in their entirety and still not have new civilian machine guns on the US market.

No.

The NFA is what defines a MG - and all the other NFA toys. If NFA was done away with, then nothing would qualify as being NFA, since NFA didn't exist anymore.

The Huges Amen. banned a specific type of NFA device. No NFA, no NFA devices anymore.

Therefore, MG's would be good to go.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Before the 86 ban you could fill out a Form 1, pay $200.00 and once approved make your AR15 into a M16 legally.

Basically in the most simple terms, the 86 ban defunded the Machingun Portion of the NFA for Individuals only.

Properly Licensed Agencies and Manufacturers can still produce Machineguns.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    No.

The NFA is what defines a MG - and all the other NFA toys. If NFA was done away with, then nothing would qualify as being NFA, since NFA didn't exist anymore.

The Huges Amen. banned a specific type of NFA device. No NFA, no NFA devices anymore.

Therefore, MG's would be good to go.

That's more what I was hoping for. I would imagine it would knock the price for F/A weapons down a bit. That would be awesome as right now that is a sandbox I can't get into yet.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's more what I was hoping for. I would imagine it would knock the price for F/A weapons down a bit. That would be awesome as right now that is a sandbox I can't get into yet.

It would be the cost of your AR, + $200, + the cost of the FA components, + either the cost for smith to drill the sear hole, or the cost of a DIAS. You could easily be in FA for $1200

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    I'm confused! This document is on the White House website...the Obama Administration wants enough votes on the petition to repeal the act????

I thought Obama is as Anti-gun as the Brady campaign. No?

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    I'm confused! This document is on the White House website...the Obama Administration wants enough votes on the petition to repeal the act????

I thought Obama is as Anti-gun as the Brady campaign. No?

:)Well.....you might look at it this way. The WH floats said pertition, and asks for 5000 signatures. If they get 5K folks to sign up..then the petition goes thru the shredder and is never heard of again.

OTOH, if it fails to meet the 5K, then when the WH decides to close the firearm freedom envelope "in the interest of Public Safety", they can point to the Petition which failed to meet required signatures, and then claim," See, we asked "The People", and they don't care......"
    IMHO, the WH is NOT doing firearm owners any favors.......
    Be careful what you wish for...

R

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Has the government ever changed policy from a petition???

It wouldn't make much of difference IMO. Better strategy is call your congressmen/senators to get behind an NFA repeal bill or support groups like the SAF to have the NFA ruled unconstituional by the courts.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I signed. It looks like anyone can create a petition on the site and if it gets 5000 signatures, then and only then do they look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom