• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Seems fair, respects both the person and business's property rights. Remove the firearm from the vehicle while on that property and it's gonna be big trouble.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I just realized something. More and more states are becoming polarized on the gun-issue. This is not entirely unlike the series of comprimises made in teh first half of the 19th century over slavery. And we know where that lead... :|

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    I just realized something. More and more states are becoming polarized on the gun-issue. This is not entirely unlike the series of comprimises made in teh first half of the 19th century over slavery. And we know where that lead... :|

No, think of this more like the Civil Rights Era. There will be no war between the states over gun issues.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

No, think of this more like the Civil Rights Era. There will be no war between the states over gun issues.

Darn at this point that is about the only hope that freedom has left.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

And the rights are largely recognized in most of the USA. We have some quibbling in some locales, but largely the big fight is limited to 8 or 10 states.

thanks for easing my fears. i'm trying to be optimistic about all of this, but i'm a hobby historian and I know things usually don't work out for the little guy.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I have an employee who bought 80 in Colorado at high elevation. It's a breathtaking place and he has an amazing home. But it gets cold and lonely up there.

He actually works in LA and and we fly him there a week at a time, every other week. But he has been snowed out (both ways) and stuck in LA when the weather turns rough on the mountain. He doesn't even try. Plus his bobcat dies three weeks back...1/3 mile from his barn. Stuck bearings or something. He had to build a seat out of snow and fix it with 6 ft drifts all around him.

So it's not as much fun as it sounds. Yeah, he has enough frequent flyer miles to go to the moon and back, but unless you can work from home it is a long trek everywhere no matter what. Even though he works in LA, his weekly commute is shorter than that of his neighbors. It is a long drive anywhere.

Freedom is not free, I guess. We pay one way or the other.

But I'd say he's happy. We're having dinner tomorrow night in Virginia. Apparently he fixed the Bobcat.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I've thought about Wyoming, get out of here. Also have been looking in Montana,little more population but no where like here.

I have been looking not just because of friendlier gun laws ,but lower crime rates.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Land is cheap out there for a reason. Namely, the winter. From what I hear seasons out there run: Winter, More Winter, Still Winter, and Spring. Six feet of snow and 30* below zero are common. If you can stand it I hear it's a wonderful place to live. Not much riff raff in 30 below.

I prefer the heat to the cold unfortunately.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The joke we told where I grew up is that our four seasons were "Winter, June, July and August".

In Wyoming you might need to count one of those months twice just to hit four.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, but it's a DRY cold. Being born and raised in Wy , my Father thought a cold snap didn't kick in until -20F . Known to walk around in T shirt @ zero. BUT , when he first move east to DC area , he nearly froze here from the bone chilling dampness.

Same principle as 115F in Montana fells just the same as 94F here.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    F' that! Hot is hot & cold is cold. 95* & 10* both suck whether it's wet, windy, or otherwise.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    F' that! Hot is hot & cold is cold. 95* & 10* both suck whether it's wet, windy, or otherwise.

I've been on the side of Western Range mountains at high elevation at zero or fewer degrees. Still cold. And where I grew up we didn't close school unless the wind chill was -20 or lower or there was 6" or more snow still on the ground at 0700. And we still had lots of snow days. But I will admit several years in Southern California may have thinned my blood a little.

We wanted to hit Wyoming and Montana with our boards this season. But for purely good reasons, riding is out this season.

Maybe next year. Then I can OC while taking Jackson Hole's famously hard terrain. Yeah...nothing bad could happen there. :party29:

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    While i applaud WY, the wife and I are more interested in land in TX. We want plenty enough to hunt hogs, turkey and deer on...preferably in the hill country. Teh wife is from Florida so Montana, Wyoming, etc are all out as they are WAY too cold for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom