• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Never put a tragedy to waste, I suppose.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma.../bs-md-ci-charleston-guns-20150712-story.html

"People are not our problem," Hickman said. "It's the pistols that they're packing that are our problem."

I'd ask Mr. Hickman what those pistols would be doing if people weren't aiming them at others and pulling the trigger.

The #RisingForCharleston event — organized by the gun control groups Everytown For Gun Safety, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and The Black Church Center for Justice and Equality — included a moment of silence for the Charleston victims and a call for congregants to sign postcards urging Gov. Larry Hogan to consider tougher gun laws in Baltimore and across the state.

Go figure.

But hold on a second...

I thought Vincent Demarco and others said that the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 is saving lives: http://marylandreporter.com/2014/08/25/guest-commentary-md-firearms-law-is-saving-lives/

Martin O'Malley lauded his FSA2013 as recent as June
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...y-im-pissed-at-lack-of-action-on-gun-control/

I'd love very much to know why a city in a state with some of the strictest gun control in the nation -- where the Brady Campaign claims that Maryland is one of the safest places and is a "Low" contributor to gun violence across America -- has a skyrocketing amount of murders and assaults.

http://crimadvisor.com/?state=MD

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Kind of insane actually.

Strict gun laws, VERY few gun shops within the city, EXTREMELY hard to find ammo, HQL's, 7 day wait, handful of permits...yet the guns are still the problem.

Let us not look at a failed government filled with corruption, the lack of family, the lack of quality education although per capitia Baltimore is in the top ten spent per student, the lack of employment among residents, high property tax rates keeping workers out, filthy streets, lack of simple things like grocery stores, corroded and failed court system, a payment plan for you giving democrats future voters will your bastard kids, the lack of religion (pick one just about all are better then none), and the low respect for life. Don't even begin to look at the lack of community and pride among residents. Will things break out bad in Little Italy? Not likely.

Nope...none of that stuff...just guns.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    You talk as if you expect personal accountability to be an expected factor in the perpetration of a crime; everyone knows that's a no-no.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    There is and will always be a effort by the left to disarm the American public. Up to send including rewriting the constitution, use of the military to disarm the public, killing those who resist. Sad but true if you read the anti gun post. My leftest nephew from Cambridge an I don't even speak anymore.

Baltimore does not have a gun problem , Baltimore has an inner city problem .. Only cities like this have gun issues , all the surrounding counties in most of these cities have minimal gun violence..this statement is not meant to be racist in any way at all , but it's the truth ...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Gun Control is simply part of the smoke and mirrors that hides the real problems that they are unwilling to address.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The one thing all of the cities with the worst violence and crime are run almost exclusively by Democrats/Liberals and have been for decades. I'd love to see Republicans start to bring this to the forefront in the media and hammer away at it CONSTANTLY. Democrats, money, and more government will NEVER solve the problems of the inner city. Personal responsibility, family values, hard work, and the will of the people to stop living in a shit hole would be a good start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The one thing all of the cities with the worst violence and crime are run almost exclusively by Democrats/Liberals and have been for decades. I'd love to see Republicans start to bring this to the forefront in the media and hammer away at it CONSTANTLY. Democrats, money, and more government will NEVER solve the problems of the inner city. Personal responsibility, family values, hard work, and the will of the people to stop living in a shit hole would be a good start.

1. Republican leadership are spineless wimps with a tin ear.
    2. The media would largely ignore them even if they did have something to say.

The Left controls the agenda, the message, the universities, and the media.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    1. Republican leadership are spineless wimps with a tin ear.

2. The media would largely ignore them even if they did have something to say.

The Left controls the agenda, the message, the universities, and the media.

Agreed on all of the above but Conservatives had better grow some balls soon.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    "There are none so blind as those who will not see..."

How can anyone say that 88 gun violence deaths a day are attributable to hate, when the vast majority of those deaths are black on black crime?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Agreed on all of the above but Conservatives had better grow some balls soon.

It appears many of them find it easier to believe the best strategy for saving this country (and this State) is placating the liberals that have done such a fine job over the last 40 years.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    Kind of insane actually.

Strict gun laws, VERY few gun shops within the city, EXTREMELY hard to find ammo, HQL's, 7 day wait, handful of permits...yet the guns are still the problem.

Let us not look at a failed government filled with corruption, the lack of family, the lack of quality education although per capitia Baltimore is in the top ten spent per student, the lack of employment among residents, high property tax rates keeping workers out, filthy streets, lack of simple things like grocery stores, corroded and failed court system, a payment plan for you giving democrats future voters will your bastard kids, the lack of religion (pick one just about all are better then none), and the low respect for life. Don't even begin to look at the lack of community and pride among residents. Will things break out bad in Little Italy? Not likely.

Nope...none of that stuff...just guns.

You forgot to mention cops who are afraid to do their job... and who can blame them? If I were a cop, specifically a cop in Baltimore city, I would be BEGGING for a desk job.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It appears many of them find it easier to believe the best strategy for saving this country (and this State) is placating the liberals that have done such a fine job over the last 40 years.

Sadly yes, or at least think they can manage the very same big government just a little better than the Left. Here's an idea, far less government overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Sounds like we have plenty of taking out rival gang members.

Executions, assassinations, etc.

Maybe it's a new unwritten policy.

Let them do their own dirty work.

No need for the police to intervene.

Just wish innocents didn't get caught in the crossfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom