• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SDMFVan

May 19, 2021
    My bad, it was the 10th but the trooper emailed me on the 9th to schedule the call. She would regularly respond to my emails late nights and on the weekends. But she did mention that she was a little behind because she had to travel to a police funeral on the eastern shore. She was pretty nice though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I had my interview on the 10th as well. Hopefully that means I'll get the approval email soon too, although it looks like I started my process a few weeks after you.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    03/31/2021 Application Submitted

04/01/2021 Application Accepted - my application had to be accepted manually because I had a problem where the payment screen froze and didn't confirm my payment so I sent an email asking if they got my money and the person who replied said that they had received it and it would be forwarded for review immediately.

04/01/2021 Submitted for review

04/07/2021 Assigned to new investigator

04/14/2021 Assigned to new investigator

Week of 04/14/2021 2 of 3 References interviewed

05/10/2021 Phone interview

05/05/2021 Assigned to new investigator

06/03/2021 Application approved

06/09/2021 Unrestricted unobtanium card received

Updated to reflect card in hand in 64 days. Not exactly terrible, all things considered

ENDuRUN

Jun 13, 2021
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown. Is it going to be reasonably possible for me to get my MD CCW? I have always written it off as never going to happen. I work for a public school system (not in a classroom) and don't have a criminal history.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown. Is it going to be reasonably possible for me to get my MD CCW? I have always written it off as never going to happen. I work for a public school system (not in a classroom) and don't have a criminal history.
    The route I took was the business owner route. Meaning I own/operate a legitimate business here. I had to provide 3 character references, lots of docs to support this including bank receipts and statements, Articles of Organization, and receipts of items purchased for business purposes. Historically, Md business owners were issued permits with "only while conducting business" restrictions but have since relaxed that and have begun issuing unrestricted permits.

Others have successfully used their top secret clearance (with the blessing/documentation from their respective organizations) as their good and substantial reason.

ENDuRUN

Jun 13, 2021
    The route I took was the business owner route. Meaning I own/operate a legitimate business here. I had to provide 3 character references, lots of docs to support this including bank receipts and statements, Articles of Organization, and receipts of items purchased for business purposes. Historically, Md business owners were issued permits with "only while conducting business" restrictions but have since relaxed that and have begun issuing unrestricted permits.

Others have successfully used their top secret clearance (with the blessing/documentation from their respective organizations) as their good and substantial reason.

Thank you for the information. That save me a lot of time. I don't own a legitimate business and I doubt that I will in the near future. Is there any national litigation that is promising to allow constitutional carry nationwide?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes . The current New York case at SCOTUS hopefully will this term . If not there are several other cases in the pipeline , including the latest MSI case .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Congrats to the new holders .

On a renewal it taking me more time then enough IMHO in on 4/10/2021 and just got an not disapproved for my renewal on 6/17/2021 still have not received my renewal permit . Something is wrong if it takes that long to get a renewal and my permit expired at end of May only one good thing is that it seems that PA sheriffs are not wanting their permits back because mine has expired .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    current permit expires on 7/31 and was initially submitted on paper. Can this be done online and what is needed as part of the process, hoping I'm not late. appreciate any help..

found this online but doesn't really explain things other than fingerpints not required to be re-done. blob:https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/6125ad45-80bd-4ea0-95ec-fed5720e4ea3

You better get to work , you need to take a pistol qualification class and do everything as you done with a new permit .
    The classes fill up quick , others may have varying opinions on the time-frame

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    gotcha just called my buddy and he's going to fit me in next weekend. Can produce business and bank documents no problem. Still trying to figure out if i can apply online and if its just the standard application with a checkbox for renewal? other than that hopefully its just a couple new photos and a check?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    gotcha just called my buddy and he's going to fit me in next weekend. Can produce business and bank documents no problem. Still trying to figure out if i can apply online and if its just the standard application with a checkbox for renewal? other than that hopefully its just a couple new photos and a check?

Yes all of it is on-line thru a portal , it will tell or confirm when you get the application complete , you will have to set-up a PW and user . Save that info. and you will be able to go back to it .
    You will have to down load and scan info and forms into the system

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Please make sure your buddy is MSP approved

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m an employed physician. I still have a restricted permit. To and from the office and while doing business. Despite the fact that I can literally prescribe opiates from my f’ing phone, somehow you are at much higher risk of violence if you have a clearance. Also, “professional activities” such as DOCTOR are listed ON THE APPLICATION as a valid reason, I still only get the permit for “business”.

Asshats.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I’m an employed physician. I still have a restricted permit. To and from the office and while doing business. Despite the fact that I can literally prescribe opiates from my f’ing phone, somehow you are at much higher risk of violence if you have a clearance. Also, “professional activities” such as DOCTOR are listed ON THE APPLICATION as a valid reason, I still only get the permit for “business”.

Asshats.
    That blows bruh.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville

Asshats.
    Does it actually specify to, from and in office only? A doctors work never stops, 24/7 right?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Asshats.

And this is why no doctors ever stop to help people out in public when running personal errands. They’re off the clock! “Nope, sorry heart attack guy, I’m not on my way to or from the office, so good luck with that cardio event thing. If the MDSP doesn’t think I matter when I’m getting groceries, then neither do you!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom