• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Surpressors are so insanely easy to construct... if the feds close off legal access to them, and push them underground, the number of suppressors (disposable and otherwise) in circulation will quadruple.

I bought a lathe...just so I can make nuts and bolts from bar stock.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Run on silencers in 3...2....1.... Go

Well, I guess it's good that I've got 3 waiting on the ATF.

Surpressors are so insanely easy to construct... if the feds close off legal access to them, and push them underground, the number of suppressors (disposable and otherwise) in circulation will quadruple.

Tell me about it. I know a guy who used to make one in the morning, shoot groundhogs all ways with it, then destroy it before the sun went down.

The fact that the Dems are now calling for confiscation of things already known is probably a good thing - no more frog in the warming water, they're going straight for the Rubicon.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    BTW, this has no grandfather clause. Mandatory confiscation of the silencers, with a buyback program.

https://www.menendez.senate.gov/new...un-safety-legislation-to-outlaw-gun-silencers

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.-12) today reintroduced the Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act, federal gun safety legislation to ban the importation, sale, manufacturing, transfer and possession of gun silencers or suppressors.

Text of the bill:
    https://www.menendez.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/hear_act.pdf

This has to be what every Democrat voter wanted, right?:thumbsup: I'm happy for 'ya!

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC

Once metal 3D printers drop in price to a consumer level most all of this becomes useless.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Someone introducing a bill doesn't mean it's going anywhere. I was surprised it pitched a mandatory buyback.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    The last time they tried to bring this up I suggested a counter protest of removing mufflers from cars. Hey, don’t want someone getting run over by these millions of suppressed vehicles.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    these friggin' idiots that somehow got elected just want to be seen as 'doing something.' unfortunately for us (and really everyone), their 'something' won't do much if anything to reduce crime.

no braces and folding stocks because those make rifles oh so concealable, but then they want to go after cans which ADD to firearm lengths...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Why bother? At the point of illegal, Maglights and freeze plugs are cheaper.

:innocent0

4deb2ce3-4e6b-453a-b3ea-172221819ed6%3Fsize=600x600

George Hayduke snickers

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    They really are just trying everything aren't they? Ridiculous. I can think of 2 times someone used a suppressor for a 'mass shooting' in the past what...25 years? Looks like this is really gonna solve...something. Somehow. Or not.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    You wouldn’t be allowed to import it though since they are regulated here and you would be in possession of a felony if you did t have a tax stamp for it.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    you realize these 2 knckleheads have probably never heard gun with a silencer. then they would know that its't like the movies where it is perfectly quiet. unless u are using sub 22lr or sub 300aac. so their bill has a veeeery narrow scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom