• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Rumor mill says it is dead; gavels haven't fallen yet, so anything is still possible.

If it is, I'd love to hear the backstory of why, assuming we ever find out. If Atterbeary overreached again and annoyed Smith or other leadership, that's to our benefit. Her Everytown paymasters won't be happy, either, after the original GG bill fell through cracks in the HJC agenda that she controls with Clippinger. It's amazing Atterbeary's ego doesn't require its own separate office.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    If it is, I'd love to hear the backstory of why, assuming we ever find out. If Atterbeary overreached again and annoyed Smith or other leadership, that's to our benefit. Her Everytown paymasters won't be happy, either, having let the original GG bill fall through cracks in the HJC calendar. It's amazing her ego doesn't require its own separate office.

My experience with this bill and other things in the MGA in prior years leads me to think that this just wasn't a priority for anyone to get out of it's way, especially with the last minute games they tried to play in the house last week (that probably didn't go over great in the senate).

The sponsor of the original senate bill (SB624) was probably much busier with items like the Police Accountability stuff (SB71 and SB74)

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    At this point they are just rushing through everything they want, and will take care of this after their other “business” right before they leave.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    If this doesn't show the shenanigans and lack of cohesiveness at play, I don't know what does - Vice Chair of Ways & Means ( Del Alonzo Washington) moves to "Special Order" a bill. His chair (Del Anne Kaiser) rises to say she wanted to "Suspend the Rules for 2 Readings on the Same Day" (a way to avoid the rule that a bill must receive 3 hearings on separate "Legislative Days" [different from Calendar Days]). Under normal circumstances, the Vice Chair should have receded from his Motion out of respect for the Chair's motion...he chose to press his motion, which was soundly defeated.
    Hamlet said:
    Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Hearing that Judiciary chair (Clippinger) called the committee into the old senate chamber for "five minutes".

Not sure what everyone else is doing.

I wasn't watching but someone said that there was a tiff on the floor?

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    If this doesn't show the shenanigans and lack of cohesiveness at play, I don't know what does - Vice Chair of Ways & Means ( Del Alonzo Washington) moves to "Special Order" a bill. His chair (Del Anne Kaiser) rises to say she wanted to "Suspend the Rules for 2 Readings on the Same Day" (a way to avoid the rule that a bill must receive 3 hearings on separate "Legislative Days" [different from Calendar Days]). Under normal circumstances, the Vice Chair should have receded from his Motion out of respect for the Chair's motion...he chose to press his motion, which was soundly defeated.

And then they break for a judiciary committee meeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom