• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't like the way the country is now moving

Well, 17 posts eleven years ago, and 31 here over the last month or so, prompts me to wonder where you've been, and what you might have done in the meantime to alter the situation?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree, they will literally shoot themselves in the foot given the chance.

Let's just hope if they manage to pass a bill, its so poorly written that it gets killed in court.

I'm thinking Hogan will veto all the anti2A bills passed in the current session pretending to be more conservative than he really is. Also forces them to override in an election year that he has no risk in, its all on them. In the past they always passed the stuff Mike and Mike knew was unpopular during non election years

Yeah, Cheaperthandirt will sell ammo to MD, but will the reasonably priced ammo suppliers follow suit? Boyds won't sell furniture to MD residents as an example.

Just because some can afford Cheaperthandirt, doesn't mean everyone can. Reduction in supply almost always means higher price.

All of the cheap ones I use sell to all of the FOID states like CT and IL. (SGAmmo, target sport, outdoor limited).

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    It also brings up another point, if you are in a hunting party, at the range, or in a survival situation you cannot borrow or use someone’s firearm as you didn’t purchase the ammo. I am at work and my wife needs to defend herself and my daughter from an intruder, she didn’t buy the ammo in the firearm stored in the safe so she goes to jail.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    People break laws all the time. How many guides are going to risk a couple of years in prison as well as being barred from their job for the rest of their lives by providing spare ammo to their clients? Probably not a huge number. I am sure most hunting buddies are going to flip the bird to this law if they even think about it.

It would still have an impact. It'll still inevitably end up sending a few people to prison every year who are not criminals (DNR officer observes a hunter hand a box of shells to his buddy in the blind as he is walking up, etc.)

Pointing out how this law will damage Maryland's economy is about the only thing pols ever listen to. It was part of what delayed and eventually changed the state background check law that started as a long gun qualification license bill.

What are you talking about Mr. DNR Man that IS my ammo. My friend was just handing it to me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It also brings up another point, if you are in a hunting party, at the range, or in a survival situation you cannot borrow or use someone’s firearm as you didn’t purchase the ammo. I am at work and my wife needs to defend herself and my daughter from an intruder, she didn’t buy the ammo in the firearm stored in the safe so she goes to jail.

Yup. What qualifies as a transfer? I don't think someone holding the ammo is going to violate anything. But USING it, seems like a court would probably consider that a transfer (as well as selling). I'd hope some sanity would win out and if you are handing me some ammo at the range and I use it at that range, they wouldn't consider that a transfer.

But this law doesn't seem to make that clear (I see something about ammo at trap or range, but that appears to be the facility is selling it to you. Also do they need to be doing compliance checks that you don't leave with a shell? What about you, if a round ends up in your range bag as you are leaving, are you going to be a criminal now?)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Are you serious?

It's not that far-fetched, considering the number of personally-known-to-us anecdotes many can share about DNR officers wielding hair-splitting technicalities as a life-wrecking bludgeon. Don't pretend you aren't aware of such things happening.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Are you serious?

As a heart attack. Here's why:

I am shall we say..."intimate" with a Maryland Park Ranger. (None of your business who)

One day, I was at their park with them. 3 DNR cops rolled up in their green SWAT uniforms. I listened to them denigrate park guests for 30 solid minutes. How stupid they are, what a pain in the ass they are, and more. I was mortified and told my ranger girlfriend that I heartily disapproved of their attitude towards the public they're supposed to be serving.

It's as if DNR thinks that the parks should exist, but they should be void of guests because these guys don't want to be bothered with policing.

I'll also add that my vessel was boarded by two DNR officers on the water. I was not fishing or engaging in any activity even remotely related to wildlife or conservation. These guys jump onboard with their brush cuts and their Oakleys and rifled through my boat, treating me like a criminal without cause, only a mile from my house.

The DNR do not endear themselves to me. Stop painting them as infallible.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015

I am shall we say..."intimate" with a Maryland Park Ranger. (None of your business who)

One day, I was at their park with them. 3 DNR cops rolled up in their green SWAT uniforms. I listened to them denigrate park guests for 30 solid minutes. How stupid they are, what a pain in the ass they are, and more. I was mortified and told my ranger girlfriend that I heartily disapproved of their attitude towards the public they're supposed to be serving.

It's as if DNR thinks that the parks should exist, but they should be void of guests because these guys don't want to be bothered with policing.

I'll also add that my vessel was boarded by two DNR officers on the water. I was not fishing or engaging in any activity even remotely related to wildlife or conservation. These guys jump onboard with their brush cuts and their Oakleys and rifled through my boat, treating me like a criminal without cause, only a mile from my house.

I fail to see how you demonstrated a compelling argument than anyone is going to focus on checking your thuddy-thuddy ammo was properly purchased.

Its shameful to hear your story and there is no excuse for that behavior. Hopefully you communicated this to the right person so it could be addressed. If something like that was brought to my attention we'd be having a serious come to Jesus talk.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay

I have had some not so pleasant meet ups also. There are like four DNR and a few Marine police boats that are kept at a Marina near to me. I have been boarded and searched a few times. This one DNR police woman is a big butchy looking lady. She asked if I was fishing and I said yes. She asked if I kept anything and I said no. She said thats funny because she smelled fresh fish in my boat. I looked at her and said, I never smelled fish till she boarded my boat. Well that is when the chit started. I think she wanted to shoot me about then. I asked her if I was being detained or arrested as I am leaving.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    Don't think all purple states inevitably turn blue, as if Democrats have some non-stopping population growth. Stats show Republicans/conservatives tend to have larger families this over time has a more lasting impact on an electorate than a transient population, obviously other factors play in as well.

I kinda call BS on this one for a few reasons.

Immigrants are 2:1 voting blue.
    Immigrants have FAR more children than conservative Americans do.
    Elections aren’t exactly legit so... real votes may not count for jack s**t in the future.
    All the stupid people I see having kids young, kids before marriage, kids as single mothers, the VAST majority vote blue, and vote blue because they are low information, unintelligent, sheep, who due to the circumstances (circumstances created by government policies) they are born into tend to rely on the government far more than the average conservative finds acceptable.

Now ad a whopping dollop of media (that does nothing but lie and cover for one party, and is a nearly uniform propaganda tool) and you have a nation that is forever treading left.

The stats do not lie. The average republican today is closer to 2008 Obama than the average democrats is to 2020 Biden. This is a never ending march to the left.

Conservatism is dead. It’s being bred out, educated out, and voted out.

Back to the topic...
    BG checks for ammo is inevitable as the state wants a monopoly on power.

Last edited:

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    And to add to my point above, all empires fall and die. America will too. I don’t even think the founding principals will remain alive and in memory is except for a few that are far too few in numbers to do anything about it.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have had some not so pleasant meet ups also. There are like four DNR and a few Marine police boats that are kept at a Marina near to me. I have been boarded and searched a few times. This one DNR police woman is a big butchy looking lady. She asked if I was fishing and I said yes. She asked if I kept anything and I said no. She said thats funny because she smelled fresh fish in my boat. I looked at her and said, I never smelled fish till she boarded my boat. Well that is when the chit started. I think she wanted to shoot me about then. I asked her if I was being detained or arrested as I am leaving.

Yowza

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I had to go to court with my son for hunting in an expanded school zone during a school day on Thanksgiving day. Let that sink in for a moment.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Background check or no background check, why do the mail order gun/ammo dealers send me all these emails with great deals only to find out that every single item on sale is out of stock! I don’t believe they were even in stock when they sent the email. They definitely won’t sell to us if something doesn’t turn around soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom