Anthony Brown's Campaign Workers Refuse to Answer 2A Questions (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I take exception to your attempts to rally MDS members to violate current gun laws. That is not what this community stands for.

Bare Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    Don't lose sight of the bigger picture. Restoring gun rights in MD hasn't had NEARLY as much attention as it has in the past few years. MD is also an OUTLIER compared to the greater part of the country.

Here's an example of something we can legally do in MD and the likely outcome (and likely not as bad as in metro parts of the state):

But sure go ahead, better judged by 12 than carried by 6 right?

Yeah, tooling up is much easier than going to court or voting in more 2A friendly representatives, but more effective in the long-run? Nope. Not at all.

There's more than firearms on the line here. How about families? Livelihoods? Dependents?

If you follow closely to the legal happenings in MD, the composition of SB281 as it was introduced compared to it's passage, and how self-defeating Brown's focus on gun control has been in the polls, you'll see things aren't as dire as they appear to be. We are fighting.

That statement is in complete ignorance to work that has been done and is being done now by many, many people who give a damn.

We do this because we're law abiding. The laws are written to discourage firearms ownership and use. We adapt and work to change the laws. Yes, the 2A cannot be any clearer, but those who have the disillusioned vision of people control have been able to get infringements made into law by all sorts of means. Citizens ARE paying attention where many weren't before. We're working to make more folks aware.

Take action? I think you'll find far more folks here and in general that look up to Gura's example -- not Kokesh's...

We agree that self-defense is a human and civil right, but claiming we're all a bunch of fearful sheep is just sheer ignorance.

Nothing in that video was funny. That's the truth. Did you honestly think they were going to engage you in a healthy conversation about 2nd amendment rights? In front of a camera? During an ambush? Brown has already gotten a lot of negative attention for his ducking of interviews -- Jane Miller's the best example -- but how could this have been any different?

Oh yeah. Showed him real good.

Take a step back. Look at the country. If IL, HI, and CA's laws can be defeated, so will ours.
    Rtc2.gif

I don't disagree.

They can laugh away. I'm sure the folks in that had nothing but straight faces after you left. Some of those lawmakers lost their jobs over the summer. We're working to add more to that list.

We care too, and that's why you're meeting such resistance. That video works against many of the things this community has strived to do.

What's that change? Nothing but sending in door-kickers. Our more egregious representation would love that.

Look, we've been friends for some time but I needed to say something here. There was concern you were a shill and I defended you against that. I can not stand idly by any more while you're here demeaning those who have affected what's happening in this state for the better of 2A rights in MD. Your words here are in stark contrast to the things I've personally seen in Annapolis and elsewhere. Things are changing and they do not change overnight -- especially given the extremely liberal make-up of our legislature.

The MD legislature cheated twice to pass SB281. Four thousand citizens took time away from work and home to do something in Annapolis that's never happened before. We broke fax machines. Kept phones ringing off the hook. Flooded representative's offices and both chambers. Did we kill the bill? No. A stand was made regardless and because of it, we're not all criminals today. We returned this year and deflected just about every bad bill that was introduced. They tested us and they'll continue to do so. We're making folks squirm who've never had a citizenry challenge them and we're not done. We're using their own system against them. This fight isn't over.

All good points and I agree with you on some of them. I appreciate you correcting the people who thought I was some random "shill" or "fish". Although I am obviously persona non grata around here so this will probably be my last post for a long time.

I appreciate and understand the work Maryland 2nd Amendment supporters have done. I just don't think it's enough. And the process has been moving at a snail's pace when these laws should have been dismantled like a wrecking ball. It felt like a punch to the throat when the Supreme Court turned down the Woollard v. Gallagher case.

But...we now have a Republican governor elect, so there is hope!

I will continue to exercise my second amendment rights to the fullest extent where, when and how I see fit. That is my right, as an American citizen. Because as they say, actions speak louder than words. If the police have a problem with it I will see them in the Supreme Court if and when the time comes. They just need to keep in mind that by enforcing unconstitutional laws (arresting me and anyone else in Maryland for keeping/bearing arms) they are breaking their oath and more importantly breaking the law.

That's what we all need to remember. Every lawmaker who votes yes on a gun control bill and every governor who signs it into law is a criminal. They should be treated as such. Sovereign immunity be damned.

I look at all the hoops you have to jump through to buy a gun in this state through legal channels and just laugh. No one should have ever subjected themselves to this legal torture. When the first governor signed the first gun control law someone should have grabbed it off his desk and ripped it to shreds.

The lawmakers in Maryland went AROUND the system to make these so-called laws. The Constitutional amendment system. Working within their system is ridiculous. I am not going to let some unconstitutional laws stop me from protecting myself. And neither should anyone else who is a citizen of the USA. I hope everyone out there reading this secretly disobeys as well. Your life may depend on it one day.

9. Learn the game or stay out of it.
    10. Please don't Fk up one if our events.

Thank you.. .

9. The game's rules were changed by some cheaters. I'm trying to change them back.

10. I wasn't planning on it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I will continue to exercise my second amendment rights to the fullest extent where, when and how I see fit. That is my right, as an American citizen. Because as they say, actions speak louder than words. If the police have a problem with it I will see them in the Supreme Court if and when the time comes. They just need to keep in mind that by enforcing unconstitutional laws (arresting me and anyone else in Maryland for keeping/bearing arms) they are breaking their oath and more importantly breaking the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom