• 2019-03-25 Senate Session01.jpg
      2019-03-25 Senate Session01.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 551

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Bump for tonight!

MD Patriots: time for another WWNC/Man Up Monday in the MD Statehouse lobby TONIGHT at 7:45 PM!

Wear your WWNC shirt if you have one!

It‘s easy to get there: from Route 50 take the ROWE BLVD exit, continue on ROWE until you can see the Statehouse, turn left on CALVERT STREET; go one block to first left turn on ST JOHN STREET and there is FREE PARKING in the Calvert Street GARAGE (entrance 100 feet on left, free after 6 PM).

Walk one block to Statehouse, enter through airport-type security (photo ID, no pocket knives) at street level entrance.

You will be among friends! (BigK With PowPow in top pic)

For more info click here:

https://patriotpicket.org/f/wwncman-up-monday-in-annapolis-41

Attachments

• D3036F45-0134-4F3B-8765-1DECE8DB25B4.jpg
      D3036F45-0134-4F3B-8765-1DECE8DB25B4.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 463
    • 6AA7D603-7D9D-4BA9-AB8A-EB3A4EE4DB69.jpg
      6AA7D603-7D9D-4BA9-AB8A-EB3A4EE4DB69.jpg
      91 KB · Views: 474
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• 5C301B65-57EE-444D-8C89-14A986F0838B.jpg
      5C301B65-57EE-444D-8C89-14A986F0838B.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 390

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Not sure who is going to be headed to Mission BBQ at the Annapolis City Dock tonight.

Eating early to be On The Bricks at the Statehouse crosswalk to meet and talk with the Delegates there at 6:45 PM on their way to their 7 PM House session tonight.

There will be some signs and flags available to hold there if you are in the 1A mood.

Signs and flags will be wheeled back to stow in the Patriot Picket Bearcat about 7:15 PM, in time to return to be in the Statehouse lobby for the main event by 7:45 PM.

(This is an outdoor First Amendment exercise that is extracurricular to the main lobby indoor Second Amendment meetup later at 7:45 PM; anyone in town early who wants to join in at the crosswalk please come on by.)

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Ooohhhhh it STARTS!

Attachments

• 235BA05A-BCC3-4E9F-9193-FADE69E105EC.jpg
      235BA05A-BCC3-4E9F-9193-FADE69E105EC.jpg
      145.9 KB · Views: 273

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Any real time pics? :)

Need my fix. Bummed there will be no play-by-play tomorrow night due to the HPRB being in limbo (and affected by what happens tonight and tomorrow).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    A very good turnout of WWNC shirts greeted the Senators on their way in, and the Delegates on their way out. Had great conversations with Delegates Boteler (Balt. County) and Shoemaker (Carroll) who are both friendlies, as well as a few other Dels and Senators but I don't know all their names.

Del. Boteler gave some advice: at this late stage in the session the best way to get their attention about an issue is telephone calls to their offices.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Yes, mission success!

Excellent turn out and very satisfying engagement. Republican Delegate Boteler gave us the most quality legislator time I think we’ve ever enjoyed in public.

Many pics of Patriots at Work to follow.

Remember to tune in to the MGA today (Tuesday 4/2) at 1 PM when the House Judiciary Committee will be live streaming their hearing of the Senate’s handgun permit review board (HPRB) repeal bill (SB 1000) for the first time on the House side.

The bill:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb1000&stab=01&ys=2019RS

To watch the hearing live go the MGA home page:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home

Go down the right side column below the heading “What’s Happening Now” to “Live House Committees” and look further down for “Judiciary” and click on the red “live” button on the right side when it appears, to open the live streaming hearing video and audio.

(Remember, the MGA live streaming opens in a pop-up window, so to view it you must go into your phone or laptop Internet browser and “allow pop-ups” in your browser to be able to view the live stream.)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    A very good turnout of WWNC shirts greeted the Senators on their way in, and the Delegates on their way out. Had great conversations with Delegates Boteler (Balt. County) and Shoemaker (Carroll) who are both friendlies, as well as a few other Dels and Senators but I don't know all their names.

Del. Boteler gave some advice: at this late stage in the session the best way to get their attention about an issue is telephone calls to their offices.

Yes, mission success!

Excellent turn out and very satisfying engagement. Republican Delegate Boteler gave us the most quality legislator time I think we’ve ever enjoyed in public.

Many pics of Patriots at Work to follow.

Remember to tune in to the MGA today (Tuesday 4/2) at 1 PM when the House Judiciary Committee will be live streaming their hearing of the Senate’s handgun permit review board (HPRB) repeal bill (SB 1000) for the first time on the House side.

The bill:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb1000&stab=01&ys=2019RS

To watch the hearing live go the MGA home page:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home

Go down the right side column below the heading “What’s Happening Now” to “Live House Committees” and look further down for “Judiciary” and click on the red “live” button on the right side when it appears, to open the live streaming hearing video and audio.

(Remember, the MGA live streaming opens in a pop-up window, so to view it you must go into your phone or laptop Internet browser and “allow pop-ups” in your browser to be able to view the live stream.)

Thanks for these updates, as well as the links to follow proceedings tomorrow!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ooohhhhh it STARTS!

Nice pic, and I mean it.

Now, I read that the best chance to get through to our delegates at this point in the session is via telephone call. I have no problem calling my reps and speaking to them. What I need to know is the reason why we oppose this bill. What is going to be my logical reason for opposing this bill, because as of right now I cannot think of any. Is getting rid of HPRB another infringement, or does it just do away with an additional level of administrative procedure on the way to a final result?

I view my relationship with my state reps as an ongoing relationship, and it does not just center around 2A stuff. I have contacted them about proposed tax law, business law, and criminal law.

Just searching for something to say to them so they continue to understand that I am not just contacting them because the NRA, AICPA, MBA, PP, MSI, MSRPA, etc. is telling me to contact them.

"Why" is usually the most important question for me. Why do we oppose it?

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    Just to answer your question in the appropriate thread, that is my answer.

Check post #439 in this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=233521

I've been stressing to my reps that it is removing public oversight into a government process that directly impacts citizens. It also saves the state a considerable amount of time and resources by not tying up the courts with appeals to the permit process. Don't let the state forget about the money and resources they stand to save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom