• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    In summary, you are complying.

Yes, absolutely. I am law-abiding. I comply with a bunch of stuff today. So do you.

There will come a time, however, where one's freedom is beaten down so much that it's not a life worth living under that sort of tyranny. I don't think our society is to that point yet, but my patience is growing thin. I see the writing on the wall - PowPow "got woke."

Gun control is equivalent to the saying, "The beatings will continue until morale improves." Morale never improves and the beatings will continue forever until they've got'em all. You can only beat a man so long before he fights back! WWNC starts a little bit before that time.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Lol. So, you will be putting your life and liberty where your mouth is and participating in an open carry rally this weekend in Annapolis with your non HBAR Colt Ar15s? I mean if you are not complying go big or go home.

You first, wise guy. :lol2:

The Fascists in the GA are taking away our freedoms, bit by bit, one by one, until we are mere wage slaves. I remember a time when you could count on a Men's Room being for men only, and illegal aliens being deported, not elected.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    You first, wise guy. :lol2:

You know what? If there were 5, 10, or even more people who wanted to meet up and hold an open carry rally in a place with no laws against that, I'd be there with a condition 1 1911 on my hip and slinged AR with a standard capacity mag ready to go.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    2xvs2j.jpg

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    You know what? If there were 5, 10, or even more people who wanted to meet up and hold an open carry rally in a place with no laws against that, I'd be there with a condition 1 1911 on my hip and slinged AR with a standard capacity mag ready to go.

Well ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Could you please humor me with an example of one such decent job they did? There's another term for "forcing people to comply" - it's called oppression.

It is oppression, they are very good at their jobs. Take for example the HQL. Many of us including myself didn’t want to get an HQL. I reluctantly got one two years ago. It’s forced compliance. Want a hand gun... get an HQL or buy one like the criminals in Baltimore. Same thing for wear and carry. They changed the process because they know you nor I will carry with out their blessing. That’s true, I’d be reluctant to carry in Maryland with a permit.

I like the slogan “I will not comply” but as of right now, this second, how many MD laws am I willing to not comply with? And how many laws on the books do I have no other choice but to comply with? Just a hypothetical, I’m not answering that one.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It is oppression, they are very good at their jobs. Take for example the HQL. Many of us including myself didn’t want to get an HQL. I reluctantly got one two years ago. It’s forced compliance. Want a hand gun... get an HQL or buy one like the criminals in Baltimore. Same thing for wear and carry. They changed the process because they know you nor I will carry with out their blessing. That’s true, I’d be reluctant to carry in Maryland with a permit.

I like the slogan “I will not comply” but as of right now, this second, how many MD laws am I willing to not comply with? And how many laws on the books do I have no other choice but to comply with? Just a hypothetical, I’m not answering that one.

Good answer. How many laws are you subject to in the State of Maryland? Answer: Nobody could possibly know! These lawmakers of today demand your fear. They thrive upon that and their increased power over others. Their self-importance rises them above the masses in their own minds. This is not the kind of existence the founders had in mind for this country.

This has to stop. Otherwise, we will all be re-educated.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Take for example the HQL. Many of us including myself didn’t want to get an HQL. I reluctantly got one two years ago. It’s forced compliance. Want a hand gun... get an HQL or buy one like the criminals in Baltimore.
    Or build your own.

Seriously, there's never been a better time to get into 80s. No HQL, no forms, no government lists.

At least for the moment.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Danb, I love your positive mindset regarding the courts that I have noticed in some of your recent posts. They have inspired a renewed hope and I dig that. It's definitely a positive boost here. I hope your analysis along those lines continue.

That said, I ask that you don't discount the point that some people have reached. There are many individuals that have been involved in this fight for a long time. Everyone has a different tolerance level, and there are many stages of involvement in the political arena that cannot be understood until reached.

The dynamics of dealing with elected officials is different for each and every person. This, I believe, is why so much infighting in our community occurs. Different levels get reached and ones who have not reached that don't understand it.

It's no insult thrown, it is something that we (I feel) need to understand and accept of each other.

Please understand that there are some that will absolutely lay down their lives for this. One even testified in the Senate that a law would be signing his death warrant. He absolutely had the conviction to openly state it. The Senate chair (Zirkin) mocked him. Yet the man stated his position, and although people and politicians don't see it, he was not alone in his conviction.

The 2nd Amendment has but one purpose, and it is absolute. You are either in, or you are out in its support at the point we have reached in our country.

Some are committed. Some are not. I believe there is no "Gray area" in this time.

So please, let's agree to mutually hope for the positive court decisions in our favor, while realizing that there are those out there that are prepared to stand for their beliefs if it doesn't happen.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Or build your own.

Seriously, there's never been a better time to get into 80s. No HQL, no forms, no government lists.

At least for the moment.

That is very true, and exactly the path I was referring too. The MGA always threatens to keep people in fear and on their toes. The litmus test for the MGA on the laws is not the constitution, its votes and enforcement. Can they still win an election in their districts and can they force compliance. The only people that have the option of not complying with sb1000 is the board itself. To me the only option of not complying with this law is to carry without a permit, and I will not do that, nor do I recommend it to anyone. But, that’s the intent of the MGA.

We will see if my theory holds water. There are many bills in the pipe this year that they simply can’t enforce.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think it's on the calendar for 1/21 (House) & 1/22 (Senate).

I saw the 1/21 date, but the Senate was confusing. I (thought I) saw special order dates for both 1/9 and 1/22.

I was not aware that they could special order veto overrides, I thought that they demanded "immediate" consideration under MD Constitution.

I doubt that there is anything they will know on 1/21 that they dont know now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom