• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I'm about to go postal whenever someone says "shotty" or "shottie". What's up with that? It comes accross as a bit goofy. I don't see folks say Rify or Pisty or Revolvy. What's with "Shotty"?

Additionally.... bearing in mind that I enjoy helping new shooters with shotgun sports and sorting out various shotgun related questions.... it drives me nuts when I ask what the intended shotgun will be used for. I'm thinking Trap, Skeet, Sporting, Upland, Deer, Waterfowl and even the all popular HD gun as I think I have pretty good answers for the best fit in these catagories. So I ask "what will you use it for" and I get dumb ass answers like "For blowing stuff up" or "For Zombies, Dude".

One more.... someone posts a pic of his new $199 toy that has a bbl that looks like a water pipe, a stock that looks like Southern Yellow Pine, it probably shoots a foot low and two feet to the left at ten yards and everyone has followup posts that say "Sweet"! My God, some of us have choke tubes that cost $199, trigger groups that go for two grand, stocks that cost three grand, extra bbls at four grand, etc etc etc.

This rant "is" all in fun, but for God's sake, call the frigg'n thing a shotgun (and stop posting pictures of POS Mexican Mossbergs with, ammo saddles, flashlights, folding stocks, ghost ring sights, laser stuff, slings and other useless crapola).

Thanks for the rant, but you guys are killing me :o This generation gap thing is getting very strange indeed. :rolleyes:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I'm about to go postal whenever someone says "shotty" or "shottie". What's up with that? It comes accross as a bit goofy. I don't see folks say Rify or Pisty or Revolvy. What's with "Shotty"?

Additionally.... bearing in mind that I enjoy helping new shooters with shotgun sports and sorting out various shotgun related questions.... it drives me nuts when I ask what the intended shotgun will be used for. I'm thinking Trap, Skeet, Sporting, Upland, Deer, Waterfowl and even the all popular HD gun as I think I have pretty good answers for the best fit in these catagories. So I ask "what will you use it for" and I get dumb ass answers like "For blowing stuff up" or "For Zombies, Dude".

One more.... someone posts a pic of his new $199 toy that has a bbl that looks like a water pipe, a stock that looks like Southern Yellow Pine, it probably shoots a foot low and two feet to the left at ten yards and everyone has followup posts that say "Sweet"! My God, some of us have choke tubes that cost $199, trigger groups that go for two grand, stocks that cost three grand, extra bbls at four grand, etc etc etc.

This rant "is" all in fun, but for God's sake, call the frigg'n thing a shotgun (and stop posting pictures of POS Mexican Mossbergs with, ammo saddles, flashlights, folding stocks, ghost ring sights, laser stuff, slings and other useless crapola).

Thanks for the rant, but you guys are killing me :o This generation gap thing is getting very strange indeed. :rolleyes:

These are mine. I love them. They didn't cost $15000 apiece.

I will gladly put any one of mine up against any one of yours.

67201_10150317487545585_691460584_15583810_8188339_n.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    i still need to get me a 12 cachunkachunk. No shotty here yet. i'm leaning towards a 590a1 so i can put a bayo on that mofo....something like this...
    0cc2ad6d-e6b2-4fa7-85fd-8e669f7bc0d6.jpg
    it'd be the cats **** man. For now i'm just havin fun with my carbs, pisties, and bolts. i need a good cachunkachunk for 3 gun and for zombies.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Ive a QL shottie dat u prolly wl cmplain bout. bt I dnt care f u lkIt or nt. So der.

Wurd.

75shotgunsareawesomerightkids.jpg
    Shottie

Shootie

Shootier

Shootty

Shotty

:lol::lol::lol:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

One more.... someone posts a pic of his new $199 toy that has a bbl that looks like a water pipe, a stock that looks like Southern Yellow Pine, it probably shoots a foot low and two feet to the left at ten yards and everyone has followup posts that say "Sweet"! My God, some of us have choke tubes that cost $199, trigger groups that go for two grand, stocks that cost three grand, extra bbls at four grand, etc etc etc.This rant "is" all in fun, but for God's sake, call the frigg'n thing a shotgun (and stop posting pictures of POS Mexican Mossbergs with, ammo saddles, flashlights, folding stocks, ghost ring sights, laser stuff, slings and other useless crapola). Thanks for the rant, but you guys are killing me :o This generation gap thing is getting very strange indeed. :rolleyes:

I gotta say this. You have some nerve being a relative new guy around here coming around making comments that make you sound like an elitist jackass. Just because some of us don't have a sh*tload of money to throw around doesn't make us idiots.

Why don't you get to know us before insulting our guns. When you do that, you insult us.

I don't give a f*ck about your $200 choke tubes or $1000+ trigger groups. When you talk crap about other peoples choices and then gloat about yours, you come across as a *******.

Lighten up and have some fun here.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville

Damn Man, If I didn't know better I'd swear you were the identical twin of a former member here. :sad20: He used to put down everyone stuff if it wasn't Kreigoff, Beretta, Guerini, etc.
    Don't get your panties in a twist. Just because someone isn't following in your footsteps doesn't make them wrong. To each their own.
    If you can't bust 25 birds at Skeet with a Mossberg then you're not gonna with a gun that has a $2000 trigger group either.

Look in the mirrow Blackthorne, you're a Mall Ninja. :rolleyes:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I gotta say this. You have some nerve being a relative new guy around here coming around making comments that make you sound like an elitist jackass. Just because some of us don't have a sh*tload of money to throw around doesn't make us idiots.

Why don't you get to know us before insulting our guns. When you do that, you insult us.

I don't give a f*ck about your $200 choke tubes or $1000+ trigger groups. When you talk crap about other peoples choices and then gloat about yours, you come across as a *******.

Lighten up and have some fun here.

easy august. he did qualify it as all in good fun in his post. also, now wyomingboy has someone to fap to trap guns with

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Damn Man, If I didn't know better I'd swear you were the identical twin of a former member here. :sad20: He used to put down everyone stuff if it wasn't Kreigoff, Beretta, Guerini, etc.
    Don't get your panties in a twist. Just because someone isn't following in your footsteps doesn't make them wrong. To each their own.
    If you can't bust 25 birds at Skeet with a Mossberg then you're not gonna with a gun that has a $2000 trigger group either.

Look in the mirrow Blackthorne, you're a Mall Ninja. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Tried to say that....you said it better, brother.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    easy august. he did qualify it as all in good fun in his post. also, now wyomingboy has someone to fap to trap guns with

In the interest of full disclosure, they are the same person.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I'm no elite shotgun fanatic either, but I think using the word "shotty" makes someone sound as dumb as people that called police "po po's", or call handguns "gats". I guess in some cultures, having the linguistic ability of a pre-schooler is looked upon as a badge of honor.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Which one of you is going to say it..."My penis is bigger than yours":innocent0
    I'm waiting for Aug1410 to say it
    :lol::lol2:

I could care less what is called....so far the only scatterguns (:D) people are dissing are the Turkish (CDD or whatever) not the the Taco Splatters. First time I've heard taht the 88 are crappy. I've never shot them....I prefer the 500 personally

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County

HUH??? The water pipe on my Remmy Shotty shoots just as straight as any chrome and gold plated safe queen with a $2000 trigger. Oh yeah and IF I happen to miss I am not afraid of using my $200 water pipe as a brain basher to beat the ever loving dog snot out of a goblin. Tell me you wouldn't think twice about trying that with a $40,000 Perazzi.:mad54:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom