• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I recall going into Woolworths at Security Square Mall-late '70s early '80 and seeing a rack of cosmoline encrusted SKS's I think they were around $169 at the time -can you believe it? Woolworths sold guns at that time.

...and $99.00 Enfields. I used to stop by Woolworths every two or three days to check the racks and managed to pick up a mint condition Long Branch No. 4, perfect in every way, not even a mark on the feed ramp, for $99.00. I sold it for $250, 27 years ago, to help raise money for the down payment on our first house. Sure wish I'd have held on to that one.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I recall going into Woolworths at Security Square Mall-late '70s early '80 and seeing a rack of cosmoline encrusted SKS's I think they were around $169 at the time -can you believe it? Woolworths sold guns at that time.

I almost bought an M1 Carbine from them around 1978-9. I bought a Glenfield Model 60 22LR because the ammo was cheaper.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011

I bought an M1 carbine from Woolworth's at Harford Mall in the early 1990's. They used to have a ton of Mosins and Carcanos, with a few SKS's

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom