• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Provided you have a safe place to lock them up, and you can find them in top-notch condition, these can be very handy cases for sealed storage.

ammocanlg_3.JPG

I like that, I have been thinking of repurposing some of my ammo cans. I have a fairly good safe set-up but need some expansion room. I have multiple layers of locked storage so I am not hugely concerned. Plus, camouflage is always the first line of defense strategy.

Thanks for the other info too, going to have to try that.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Very nice collection, I'm in the process of organizing as well.

I'm planning on placing a packing list, basically a spreadsheet printout, into each place I have my handguns and long guns. I keep all of my receipts in a different location and my C&R booklet in yet another location - I sure hope I never get alzheimers....my collection isn't nearly as extensive as yours.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Very nice collection, I'm in the process of organizing as well.

I'm planning on placing a packing list, basically a spreadsheet printout, into each place I have my handguns and long guns. I keep all of my receipts in a different location and my C&R booklet in yet another location - I sure hope I never get alzheimers....my collection isn't nearly as extensive as yours.

I also keep copies of inventory info, etc., in different places, but I need to get my ass in gear to do a more thorough job of it. I'm also wanting to get my oldest (adult) son more into the loop on what's what, what makes it desirable (for those that have some special attraction), and what sort of rough values to attach to each piece. If anything happens to me, I'd want the pieces that my family doesn't specifically want to hold onto to be auctioned on GB over time, so that they get the max use of the income from them.

Talk about "domestic terrorism" though, my wife has lately become seriously concerned that the government will take them, or impose some sort of low-dollar Australian buy-back, causing her to lose what I've invested over the years, even though not that many of the guns that I have would be on anyone's list of "things to get out of civilian hands."

Jul 1, 2012
    Don't forget to inventory (and value) extras like magazines and parts - some of those add up very quickly!

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Talk about "domestic terrorism" though, my wife has lately become seriously concerned that the government will take them, or impose some sort of low-dollar Australian buy-back, causing her to lose what I've invested over the years, even though not that many of the guns that I have would be on anyone's list of "things to get out of civilian hands."

Well not yet anyway. You never know, and I wouldn't put anything past them.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    This is the last one for awhile. I didn't include the majority of my "modern" guns or my wife's stuff, nor did I include items like crusty stuff I've bought as part of a Sack O' Guns or Sack O' Parts. I need to clean these, check them out, and re-pack them.

Bottom right - Nagant 1895?

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    And God forbid you ever have to sell them for what you told your wife what they cost.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom