• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmd11

Apr 4, 2017
    Carroll County
    Are there any Farm owners, or owners of land in Carroll County that allow or have some small shooting ranges set up? Looking to get into more moving while shooting, and training on targets at varying yardage.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Look into joining one of the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore and then you can use the facilities in Marriottsville. Others have asked this question before, and the consensus is no one in their right mind would let a stranger come out and shoot on their property.

Last edited:

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    The Hap Baker range is located behind the Carroll County dump and is open to the public. Hours and days vary during the year. Right now the hours are 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Friday thru Sunday and will expand next month.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    I'd love to be able to do that but ranges around here don't want the liability.
    The only chance may be Thurmont Sportsman's Club and I only went there as a guest years ago. It's a little too far from me.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I'd love to be able to do that but ranges around here don't want the liability.
    The only chance may be Thurmont Sportsman's Club and I only went there as a guest years ago. It's a little too far from me.

AGC just installed 3 gun pits for this purpose, but I have no idea what the requirements are. As you know I'm trying to get my shooting in elsewhere :p

Buster

Feb 13, 2020
    Mt. Airy
    As it would be nice to run and gun or set up obstacles to shoot while walking, I would believe MD is more hilly then most states especially the Midwest where you can do that in more open land. Hap bakers is just a shooting range where one side is handguns and the other side is rifles. However, good for the price.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Are there any Farm owners, or owners of land in Carroll County that allow or have some small shooting ranges set up? Looking to get into more moving while shooting, and training on targets at varying yardage.

Once AGC opens back up come join us for steel challenge, 3 gun, 2 gun, IDPA... no need to be a member, just sign up. Sign up for email alerts for when the sign ups open. Good times.

https://associatedgunclubs.org/acti...n-Shooting-Schedule-Revised-February-2020.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom