Anyone see "Doomsday Preppers" on NGEO channel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4d_POWER

Aug 19, 2011
    It was on tues eve at 9pm. Basically this show interviews a family and evaluates their shtf plan. Then offers suggestions to help increase their readiness and survivability. What I saw last night was what you would expect from tv, good, bad, and ugly.
    The first family I saw lived in a house they made out of shipping containers, had a really good supply of food(15 years for 20 ppl), and alternate fuel/electric systems in place.
    But the last segment of the show had a girl who from the very instant they showed her I thought "here we go!". She had crazy eyes and no clue! Looked like your normal reality tv setup ;(
    Interesting to say the least!

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Yeah, I watched it last night. Thought it was pretty entertaining, but what got me was those hippies that lived on the farm with their "community". When that lady said, "We don't need protection, we have the support of a loving community to back us up", I just laughed and shook my head.:sad20:

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Yeah, I watched it last night. Thought it was pretty entertaining, but what got me was those hippies that lived on the farm with their "community". When that lady said, "We don't need protection, we have the support of a loving community to back us up", I just laughed and shook my head.:sad20:

oh there will be a hard lesson learned. sounds like sheep for the slaughter.
    that being said there were some good ideas.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Huh? He can't see certain areas of the site?

The other thread is in the water cooler. I don't think it's visible until 50 posts..

I saw about 5min of the show last night, and recorded for later viewing. The folks I saw looked a little over the top to make a regular Joe on the street say "hey, maybe I should prepare".. but I'll withhold judgement until I've seen more of the show..

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    The other thread is in the water cooler. I don't think it's visible until 50 posts..

I saw about 5min of the show last night, and recorded for later viewing. The folks I saw looked a little over the top to make a regular Joe on the street say "hey, maybe I should prepare".. but I'll withhold judgement until I've seen more of the show..

Most were a little over the top, but all practiced basic skills that would help one to survive. Did you see the guy living in LA? I won't ruin it for you if you haven't, but he had the right idea. If he included half of what the people with the buses practiced, I think he would be spot on. I guess you really can't be over prepared though.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg

Told the wife they would be shot dead and then the criminals would have all their supplies.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa

:lol2:

Yeah I heard that and told my wife that even if their "community" is ok, who's to say a neighboring one (armed) doesn't find something they want in her "community". She and her community won't have a chance! Either they give it up easily or they get slaughtered.

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    Frankly, after having watched this show for the first time last night, I'd rather die in the street than live like that for years and years. Living longer doesn't necessarily mean its worth living at all. I'll pass.

Just for the record, I survived breast cancer and recently almost died twice from a serious bacterial infection. I'm not afraid to die, I prefer to live IF there is something worth living for.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    :lol2:

Yeah I heard that and told my wife that even if their "community" is ok, who's to say a neighboring one (armed) doesn't find something they want in her "community". She and her community won't have a chance! Either they give it up easily or they get slaughtered.

Basically said the same to my GF. Did you hear the dirty hippie community member say what he would do to protect the community? He would befriend them and either poison the person or cut their throat in their sleep. Good luck! :lol2:

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Damn. I wanted to watch this. Maybe they'll rerun it. I'll have to check.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Great show! very funny! Loved the liberal that didn't need any guns and would barter with her food and her honey!

RAJay

Mar 8, 2011
    The Dena
    My favorite part of the show was when the L.A. Chick said "I'm eating the fish raw because cooking it reduces the nutrients" while the lower-third said "Cooking fish does NOT reduce the nutrients, however it does kill the parasites"

RAJay

Mar 8, 2011
    The Dena
    Oh, I forgot... the good part of the show for me was that my wife said we seemed "woefully unprepared" for a big world changing event, and that I "NEEDED MORE GUNS!!" :)

I said okay :)

Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Oh, I forgot... the good part of the show for me was that my wife said we seemed "woefully unprepared" for a big world changing event, and that I "NEEDED MORE GUNS!!" :)

See, that made the show worth it for you right there :thumbsup:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

LOL! I figured that one out years ago. Wanted a bigger collection so I would always turn on the doomsday-type shows when we were both watching TV. Finally during one of the shows she turned to me and uttered the same epiphany. Suddenly she "got it". I was instantly off to the races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom