group buy on ar-15 lowers? $56.95 (30 pc min)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    What is the general going rate for the transfer fee on a stripped lower? Is it considered a regulated or unregulated firearm?

I am interested in 2.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    The king of group buys taking a back seat??? :sad20:

Never again. Its not worth the trouble. Many people are decent to deal with but more than you would expect are downright disrespectful and ungrateful. I will gladly participate with someone else at the helm, and thank them for their efforts. I may be in for more than 5.

The only reason I'd be out is if the FFL is gun connection or not convenient to the baltimore metro area or i-70 corridor. Otherwise I'm good for 5 or more.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I predict a crash in AR prices. Recieivers keep getting less expensive, everyone in the world is now making parts or assembling guns. There has got to be a market saturation point...

...but I could still use two or three more. :D

I would think the IPs would love to pick up these group buys. While the paper work is a royal PITA for them it would generate ALOT of foot traffic through the shop. And we alllll know you can't walk into a shop and leave with just a recieiver. :innocent0

$56 for a lower is unbelievable.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I predict a crash in AR prices. Recieivers keep getting less expensive, everyone in the world is now making parts or assembling guns. There has got to be a market saturation point...

...but I could still use two or three more. :D

I would think the IPs would love to pick up these group buys. While the paper work is a royal PITA for them it would generate ALOT of foot traffic through the shop. And we alllll know you can't walk into a shop and leave with just a recieiver. :innocent0

$56 for a lower is unbelievable.

$50-$70 is actually the going rate for a decent online lower. Then there's shipping and finding a shop who's ok with doing it for $30 bucks or not charging you a full xfer fee per lower. (We've gone down the "but it's easy money!" road about 23420917 times on here so use the search button if you want to read about that). That's the hard part.

These shops have $130 lowers sitting on their shelves (why? no damn clue. Buy a bunch of these, throw a $15 mark-up on them and generate the foot traffic IMO). Same issue I ran into buying LPKs from B&M stores, they wanted $40 more than the internet. I understand you have more overhead but really? Almost 200% more than I can have it shipped to me? Markets evolve, keep up or die. I think a lot of B&M shops are sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring a shifting paradigm (w00t! always wanted to use that word in conversation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom