• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Love the splatter targets, but hate the name brand, boutique store prices.
    Does anyone make/sell generic, bulk packed 8-12" round, or square splatter targets? I don't need peel and stick, just sheets of paper.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    homemade splatter targets

I make my own out of bright construction paper (although white print paper also works), carpet shield, $1 black spray paint (flat is preferred, but glossy black also works), and a pack of neon yard sale price stickers from the dollar store.

Unroll the desired length of carpet shield along a flat surface (adhesive side up), stick on paper along adhesive side and make sure you dont trap any air bubbles (wrinkles are ok), flip the whole thing over and spray paint the non-adhesive side.

Cut to desired size and stick a neon yard sale price sticker as an aim-point.

You can make some really big targets for long range shooting with this method. I personally don't find it worth making if you got a spotting scope already, but it's great for small hole punchers (223/22lr, etc.) and being able to see the holes for long range shooting.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Good point AND they currently also have several variations on Clearance pricing:

https://www.midwayusa.com/targets-a...&Ns=p_metric_sales_velocity%7C1&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1

I make my own out of bright construction paper (although white print paper also works), carpet shield, $1 black spray paint (flat is preferred, but glossy black also works), and a pack of neon yard sale price stickers from the dollar store.

Unroll the desired length of carpet shield along a flat surface (adhesive side up), stick on paper along adhesive side and make sure you dont trap any air bubbles (wrinkles are ok), flip the whole thing over and spray paint the non-adhesive side.

Cut to desired size and stick a neon yard sale price sticker as an aim-point.

You can make some really big targets for long range shooting with this method. I personally don't find it worth making if you got a spotting scope already, but it's great for small hole punchers (223/22lr, etc.) and being able to see the holes for long range shooting.

Man, I gotta share with my 200yd / 300yd Highpower crew down here!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 5C04F0CE-EE07-461D-8D28-65E8716F3DFC.jpg
      5C04F0CE-EE07-461D-8D28-65E8716F3DFC.jpg
      72.1 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members