• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    youtube has quite a bit of reviews on it.

Last edited:

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    I shoot the 43 very well... nice compact gun when you need something small.

Only problem I have is when I need something small I end up grabbing my SW 38 of all things. I'm not a revolver guy, but damn if I don't like my little 442. Once I had a couple hundred round under my belt and learned how to shoot, I don't mind putting it on.

Anyway.... trigger on the 43 is great. I actually purchased a trigger but sent it back after shooting my 43... gun shoots where you point it. Goes boom every time I pull the trigger.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I tried one at a range in PA. I liked it and hope to pick mine up tomorrow.

I already have the Dawson sights.

And I decided on the black one.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    oddly enough i just got off the phone with a friend who just purchased a
    s&w shield. i asked if he had taken a look at the glock 43. he said yes but didnt like the feel of the glock as apposed to the s&w. i guess it comes down to individual likes and dislikes.

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    oddly enough i just got off the phone with a friend who just purchased a
    s&w shield. i asked if he had taken a look at the glock 43. he said yes but didnt like the feel of the glock as apposed to the s&w. i guess it comes down to individual likes and dislikes.

Same here, but I bought the Glock 43 even though I have a Shield. I just shoot the Shield better and it just fits me better. The Glock 43 now just sits in the safe. It's not a bad gun and it's super reliable but as I said earlier the Shield just feels and I shoot it better.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I fired a few magazines out of a Glock 43 at a rental place last summer. I have never shot a small pistol so well -- and that's saying something.

I don't own any Glocks, but this one made me think about switching.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm torn between sticking with my G26 or going single stack and buying the G43. I've almost bit the bullet a few times in the last 30 days, but I figured I'd see how it fit in my hand at the show on Saturday. They look awfully tiny when I've seen them in the past. 11 rounds or 7 rounds, all to just save 1/4" width on the pistol?????

I've been going back and forth on this for some time. I just don't know what to do...

So, I hope I've muddied the water even more for ya!
    Sorry!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have a 43 and like it a lot. I don't have small hands and use a small mag extender and it fits me really well. It would make a great carry gun for smaller people or those that have issues concealing larger pistols. It's remarkably accurate and reliable for such a small pistol.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Agreed. Between g43 and shield, I give the shield a slight edge in ergonomics and feel in the hand (for me). The g43 is slightly more concealable. Both are excellent w&c guns (where legal).

G26 is also great, and has been around much longer. Unless concealabilty were most important factor, I'd stick with G26, I like the few extra rounds and ability to carry/use standard capacity glock mags in it. Some guys carry G26 and a G19 mag or G17 magazine.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I replaced the sights with Trijon HD and swapped out the trigger connector, Now I'll get a second one, If you find something that works get a second before they screw it up by improving it

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I really like mine. The factory trigger was around 9 lbs. I called Glock and complained and they sent a new connector to my LGS. Once installed the trigger is right around the advertised 5 lbs. I have the Talon rubberized stick on grips and the Taran Tactical +2 mag extensions and that help with the grip for my hands. I also installed the Glock factory night sights. It's accurate and reliable, it's a Glock!

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Been on the fence with the G43 since they came out. I have been carrying 3 ways depending on season and conditions. A G19 OWB in winter or OC doing outdoor stuff, G27 IWB/OWB for most of the year as my primary CCW, and a Kahr PM9 in the pocket during hot weather, or comfortable carry around the house. The Kahr is a nice pistol, but the trigger is slow, it can jam occasionally when chambering after a reload(never jams when firing) and the spare mags love to spit out ammo with minor bumps. I do shoot the pistol well, and love the size for a 9mm pocket pistol, but want something more reliable, and the same trigger/controls as my other 2 CCWs would be nice. The G43 is nice that it has about the same grip length as the Kahr, but has a higher grip so you get a better hold on the pistol, the shield/xds are larger and heavier overall. Figure a Strike industries extension on the spare mag, and decent sights are a requirement. I can't stand GLOCK's serrated triggers, swap them to smooth in every compact I own, but that option is more limited in the 43, one of the few things keeping me on the fence with it. I have an XDS 45 that I like, but it's not as "pocket friendly" as the G43, primarily to the grip length and weight, do love the factory extended mags though. It's tough to justify $600 to setup a new pistol when I already have 2 that are about 90% great in the same role, and I probably would only EDC it for a couple months out of the year.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    My primary handgun, besides the Single Action Army, is a Glock 22. So going to a Glock 43, for whatever, is a natural. I already know how to use it, strip it and what mods I want to add.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    The G43 is just going to have to be an "up to you" kind of thing, it has the same trigger and reliability but everybody has there 2 cents on how it feels in their hands. It makes a nice CC and shoots the same as the 19..Try it for yourself and see is all I can really say...

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I'm torn between sticking with my G26 or going single stack and buying the G43. I've almost bit the bullet a few times in the last 30 days, but I figured I'd see how it fit in my hand at the show on Saturday. They look awfully tiny when I've seen them in the past. 11 rounds or 7 rounds, all to just save 1/4" width on the pistol?????

I've been going back and forth on this for some time. I just don't know what to do...

So, I hope I've muddied the water even more for ya!
    Sorry!

I switched my daily carry from the 26 to the 43, I got taryn tacticical 2rd mag extensions which give you the 3rd finger grip so I'm 8+1. I run a Q-series stealth. The gun practically disappears in your waist.

Comfort on my waist was my biggest decision, I love my G26 and can shoot it better than my G34, but for all day carrying IWB, I love the 43 for the little bit you save in width. I have the 43, 26, 19, 17, 34 and I shoot my 26 the most.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I switched my daily carry from the 26 to the 43, I got taryn tacticical 2rd mag extensions which give you the 3rd finger grip so I'm 8+1. I run a Q-series stealth. The gun practically disappears in your waist.

Comfort on my waist was my biggest decision, I love my G26 and can shoot it better than my G34, but for all day carrying IWB, I love the 43 for the little bit you save in width. I have the 43, 26, 19, 17, 34 and I shoot my 26 the most.

I too like my 26 the best. Seems to do exactly what it's meant to do. I'm also looking at the 30S to supplement my 21SF. However, I do seem to be heading back towards the 9mm than the 45acp.

So many handguns, so little time... :innocent0

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There was an issue early on with the mags deforming. Is that fixed? Iraqveteran888 recently did a video on one he sent to Robar. He had issues with rusting as a carry gun. He is in Georgia so that is a problem with heat and humidity. His partner has a Shield with the same issues. Robar not only refinished it, but tricked it out with new trigger and sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom