• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Anyone have any info on Vinci Stone here in Marriottsville? They have a "for lease" sign on the fence.

I know they have several locations, wondering if maybe.... They just ran out of rocks from the quarry?

Or maybe an inefficient operation....

Anyone know?

Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    They had an auction a couple of months ago, my company bought one of the moffett trucks. I had heard that they were downsizing but they could just be shutting down all together.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    When I was building my current house 16 years ago, I bought 7 pallets of their rocks for my chimney, and a pretty big slab of granite for the hearth. They were good people to deal with back then, and I loved that I was getting local stone for my project. I guess after all these years they might have tapped out the good or maybe more lucrative veins of rock. Too bad. Maybe the speed limit past there can now be raised up from 25? :innocent0

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    He may be ready to retire? I haven't seen Joe in quite a while (couple yrs)but might be able to find out this weekend? Interesting enough he has a FFL an shoots at his quarry's. The last time I spoke to him he was coming back from shooting which is how I found out he was into firearms.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    A friend of mine used to own (sold it last year) a house right next to the quarry up the hill. He used to shoot at the quarry all the time.

I'll see if he knows anything.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    it was auctioned off a few months ago. owner got into some "trouble" I bought a few things from the auction. possible reopening as I see it daily and the repairs to the outdoor tent thing and I live within walking distance from it.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    I saw an article in the Howard County Times yesterday that they are in fact under new ownership and they are having an open house on Saturday the 27th with BBQ.

Doofy_13

Dec 20, 2015
    Sykesville
    All I know is last time I walked in there to ask about the price of some stone slabs it took me a couple minutes to wake the guy up behind the counter. When he finally woke up I thought he was going to whoop my rear end for interrupting his nap.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The last time I went up Falls Rd to Duffys I noticed a Vinci operation on the east side in Butler.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    I believe that it's now "Patapsco Natural Stone Quarry", owned by Chuck Lewis. 410-442-4000.

RSshootingsports

Industry Partner
    Mar 13, 2011
    Centreville MD
    I believe that it's now "Patapsco Natural Stone Quarry", owned by Chuck Lewis. 410-442-4000.

Pretty random I stumbled across this thread. Chuck Lewis is a friend of a friend. As far as I know he is the new owner and or part owner. They have separated the quarry business from the granite business and are selling the land/ building across the street from the quarry. I have been working up there recently doing electric work in the new remodeled trailer that will house the offices that were previously across the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom