• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    I realize this is a long shot, since it's typically difficult to prove a negative, but:

Is there any evidence anywhere that exists proving that someone who tried to exercise their constitutional right to protect themselves or their family with a firearm, but was denied (IE CCW permit denial, or unreasonable HQL denial), where that person or their family was later killed or experienced bodily harm because they were unarmed? Or knew they couldn't carry because it was illegal, and something bad happened.

I feel like this would be a strong counter-argument for the "if we could just save one life with a piece of legislation" stance. What if legislation COST one life. Is it worth it?

HERE ARE EXAMPLES CONSOLIDATED FROM THIS THREAD:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-awaiting-gun-permit

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I understood what the thread was going to be about from the title.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    there is, let me see if i can find it on google...brb

ok, back now.

Having trouble finding it. It's not a denial = death, but the story (my details are fuzzy so looking for it on the web is proving hard)
    Woman in restaurant with family. No guns allowed. She puts gun in car. Gunman comes in. father killed more people too. Again, Don't quote me, just use these details to try and find the video of her if you are looking.

Not a denial = death, but not carrying = death

sorry I could not be of more help, out of the office now, so searching on a phone is harder than pc.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

ok, back now.

Having trouble finding it. It's not a denial = death, but the story (my details are fuzzy so looking for it on the web is proving hard)
    Woman in restaurant with family. No guns allowed. She puts gun in car. Gunman comes in. father killed more people too. Again, Don't quote me, just use these details to try and find the video of her if you are looking.

sorry I could not be of more help, out of the office now, so searching on a phone is harder than pc.

I remember hearing about this a few years back.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    not the one I was originally looking for but this one is more in tune with what I think you are looking for

*** winner winner chicken dinner***
    https://www.nj.com/camden/2015/06/nj_gun_association_calls_berlin_womans_death_an_ab.html
    "According to reports, Bowne submitted her application for a gun license on April 21 and went to see where the process stood two days before her death. Reports also indicate the police department had not yet received the results of her fingerprinting."

I googled
    "man denied ccw and was killed"
    and it was the first thing that popped up.
    I'm sure you will be able to find more examples.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

ok, back now.

Similar to the Killeen, TX massacre. MSI sponsored a visit to the MGA by Suzanna Hupp, daughter of parents killed in that diner and major player in turning TX into the gun state it is today. Ms. Hupp’s testimony here in MD fell on deaf ears. In fact several committee members were joking and otherwise occupied during her rivoting commentary.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

ok, back now.

Similar to the Killeen, TX massacre. MSI sponsored a visit to the MGA by Suzanna Hupp, daughter of parents killed in that diner and major player in turning TX into the gun state it is today. Ms. Hupp’s testimony here in MD fell on deaf ears. In fact several committee members were joking and otherwise occupied during her rivoting commentary.

Luby's Diner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom