• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Some people don't know what they have, such as me and my AR. I would LOVE if someone would gently advise me what a fair price is. I am not an AR person at all. There are others that just don't care, and then there are still others, like me again, that sell ammo, for "just a little over my cost", simply to help offset the cost of gas to meet the potential buyer, as I am out in the boonies.

Not everyone tries to rip off people. Just sayin'.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    The pound of saltpeter at just under 2x retail just sent me over the edge tonite..... :-). And it was following another pound of saltpeter at 1 3/4 retail. I couldn't take it ...... The first had since deleted his posting....b

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I agree with the don't buy it theme. Maybe they will just go away.

But maybe the scary thing is that people are buying their wares so they keep posting.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Anyone remember the guy whining nobody was interested in buying his overpriced AR? "professionally built" by some no name:sad20:

I used to get upset, now I just don't care. I will find my Elvis plates at a good price darnit!!!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The pound of saltpeter at just under 2x retail just sent me over the edge tonite..... :-). And it was following another pound of saltpeter at 1 3/4 retail. I couldn't take it ...... The first had since deleted his posting....b

Saltpeter? Huh? Buy some at Wally World for $7 per pound. One just has to know what is what...

Oh, I guess for magical blackpowder.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Backpage is the same way out here. Home of the $650 used glock, and $1500 "custom" AR. there are some good deals, but few and far in between. Just ignore it.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    The pound of saltpeter at just under 2x retail just sent me over the edge tonite..... :-).

My father played soccer for Penn and stayed at the Naval Academy in the early 30's He swore he could taste the saltpeter in their food. :lol2:

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    I think things price a little high to haggle, some people are just idiots who then their stuff is made of gold....If you don't like the price, don't buy it

Just my 2 cents.....

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There is a simple fix, don't buy it.

There's an even better fix.

Not listing used stuff at over retail pricing.

It's a huge waste of the classified section and a waste of time looking at what's listed there.

I've held my tongue for two years regarding this matter, but it's becoming a problem because more and more members are noticing it too.

There was a time when guns folks were gun folks and gun folks used to look after one another. Not anymore.

It's no one else's fault that someone paid too much for something and got beaten over the head with a rolling pin when they got home.

Now the guys afraid of getting hit with a frying pan if he sells it for too little and his wife finds out.

New price minus 25%, at a minimum, equals used price.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    There's an even better fix.

Not listing used stuff at over retail pricing.

It's a huge waste of the classified section and a waste of time looking at what's listed there.

I've held my tongue for two years regarding this matter, but it's becoming a problem because more and more members are noticing it too.

There was a time when guns folks were gun folks and gun folks used to look after one another. Not anymore.

It's no one else's fault that someone paid too much for something and got beaten over the head with a rolling pin when they got home.

Now the guys afraid of getting hit with a frying pan if he sells it for too little and his wife finds out.

New price minus 25%, at a minimum, equals used price.

Orson-welles-clapping.gif

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If it's such a source of butthurt, the mods can just do away with the classifieds section entirely.

That'd solve that problem.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If it's such a source of butthurt, the mods can just do away with the classifieds section entirely.

That'd solve that problem.

It surely would solve the problem.

I have found that by talking to fellow members and going to meetups, that I can get good stuff, when they are ready to sell it, yet not get ripped off.

BTW, that BCG is freaking sahweet! Also, those dies are humming right along for me. Little DA is going to have to wait a few more years, before he shoots that Mosin. I'll give you a report on how well he does. :D

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Better stay away from eBay. Plenty of stuff listed there at many times market value. Ignoring overpriced stuff here and there works well for me. No point in obsessing over it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It surely would solve the problem.

I have found that by talking to fellow members and going to meetups, that I can get good stuff, when they are ready to sell it, yet not get ripped off.

BTW, that BCG is freaking sahweet! Also, those dies are humming right along for me. Little DA is going to have to wait a few more years, before he shoots that Mosin. I'll give you a report on how well he does. :D

Good, hard to go wrong with a W.C. BCG. Those dies cranked out more than a few rounds for me, so they should serve you well.

The classifieds do serve a good purpose, if someone lists something at a price, and no one bites in 3 weeks time - it's a good indicator they're priced high. Been guilty of that myself.

I've also had some say they could build or buy the item I've listed for less, to which I say (and not as a dick) - go for it, if you can, you did better than I did. :)

**I wouldn't have any hard feelings if the mods/admins did suspend the classifieds for a few weeks or so, people don't appreciate what they have until it's gone.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Oh, it's this thread again.

I guess people don't understand how that free market that everyone wants to tout as being the greatest contribution to Western civilization works.

Someone prices something too high. It doesn't sell. They either lower the price and it sells, or they leave the price too high and it doesn't sell.

So, for all of the free market champions, you should be pretty pleased with the process. Perhaps we could throw a distortion in the market and charge a fee per ad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom