• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Got my P80 compact build almost done here (waiting for a barrel to show up on a good sale), and have a problem.

I have everything assembled easily enough (went much more quickly than my full size a month or so ago), but when I mount the slide I can't remove it.

Slide goes on fine, but then won't come back off. It gets hung up somehow as the firing pin is trying to come forward of the trigger assembly, it seems. I have to remove the slide cover plate, pull the extractor and firing pin out, and then the slide goes right off.

I apparently have something assembled wrong, but no idea what - any ideas? I compare the internals to my fullsize and everything *looks* right, but something obviously isn't.

I can add a pic or two later on...

Thanks in advance!

sfmf

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Probably going to need a photo to try and help but sounds like it would have something to do with trigger parts if removing the firing pin solves.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Trigger getting caught on your firing pin safety? Maybe the trigger isn’t set low enough in the frame

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Trigger getting caught on your firing pin safety? Maybe the trigger isn’t set low enough in the frame

I think this is the problem. It’s a Lone Wolf trigger (not adjustable), looks from the right hand side like this:

ffa768c07cc253b3ddc030c1ca663a06.jpg

Top view:

c4a5d590ff44ca7adab314f4175c389e.jpg

And the slide rear:

a2b5d5831a0411d734d8d4f0c6c0b4e8.jpg

When the slide is installed, the trigger doesn’t activate normally, just feels like pulling a spring back and forth. Without the slide, it snaps and resets (manually moving the parts) normally.

So I may have that trigger assembled wrong or my firing pin is in the slide wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I’m also going to be offline for about a week, but if you have ideas please toss them in here. I won’t be ignoring you, just won’t be able to read and reply until probably August 3-4.

Thanks!

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Are these photos with the trigger reset cuz if not somethings def not right, here is mine right after pulling the slide off

Attachments

• 8B3313FC-F7A5-4A0F-ABC8-D2D31262CA72.jpg
      8B3313FC-F7A5-4A0F-ABC8-D2D31262CA72.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 972

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    With the trigger reset, still appears things are too far forward

Attachments

• 811E375E-0CD3-459B-8D11-C0458A04356C.jpg
      811E375E-0CD3-459B-8D11-C0458A04356C.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 950

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I did have time last night to tear the trigger down all the way and make sure everything is seated properly. Still too high/forward.

I’ll order a stock OEM trigger when I get back and try that, or swap the one from my full-size. Maybe the P80 just doesn’t fit the Lone Wolf trigger?

We’ll see. Later, all!

sfmf

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I posted in another thread about some trigger problems I was having with the LWD frame kit that was resolved by swapping for a Glock OEM connector. Something to think about.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Quick wrap-up: I was finally able to swap parts today, put in a stock OEM trigger, and it fits and functions just fine. Lesson learned? P80 frames like factory-standard parts.

No real harm done, now I have a spare trigger kit and know better for the next one!

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Take a gander at the ar15 thread on p80s n 50% of the posters with problems are caused by LW. Also crazy how many hack jobs were on there, some should not be allowed to touch tools.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Had same issue with Lone Wolf trigger. I got the adjustable but real issues was the connector. I replaced it with a GHOST I bought at 50 West Armory in Chantilly(Those guys were AWESOME help).

I tried bending it but just couldn't get it right.

Funny thing is the second Lone Wolf set works just fine, but when I put that connector in it has problems...Must be a bad part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom