• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    For those who like french rifles. A terrific shooter, but interesting to sight in.

Attachments

• B503CF29-513E-44D9-9C1A-10ABF23DBEF9.jpg
      B503CF29-513E-44D9-9C1A-10ABF23DBEF9.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 377

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    7.5 no less.

Yours is much prettier than mine but fantastic rifles well ahead of their time in many aspects of their design. If they didn't have the usual "French quirks" they might have been legendary.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Twenty years ago, when there were real gun shows, I would always stop and look at those new condition rifles.

Always wanted one and the price was always right.

Could never get past the white plastic on the cocking piece or the black rubber butt pad. They looked like afterthoughts to me.

I will always regret not buying one.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    When i could i bought 1200 rds of french ammo from AIM. Still have most of it. I read it did very well against the m14 in testing for the new us rifle but the govt would not buy french or go with a french design. Its very compact, simple to take down and reasonably accurate. At $550 with 3 mags about 8 years ago, it was a decent bargain. I found the scope at the timonium show for about $500 a few years later. Came with a nice leather case.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    When i could i bought 1200 rds of french ammo from AIM. Still have most of it. I read it did very well against the m14 in testing for the new us rifle but the govt would not buy french or go with a french design. Its very compact, simple to take down and reasonably accurate. At $550 with 3 mags about 8 years ago, it was a decent bargain. I found the scope at the timonium show for about $500 a few years later. Came with a nice leather case.

Scopes on those were always more than the guns.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I am very suprised to see claasic firearms auctined one of these sans scope fot a mere $2075. Seemed run of the mill, arsenal refinished. Really?

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Twenty years ago, when there were real gun shows, I would always stop and look at those new condition rifles.

Always wanted one and the price was always right.

Could never get past the white plastic on the cocking piece or the black rubber butt pad. They looked like afterthoughts to me.

I will always regret not buying one.
    Rubber butt pad is incorrect for a standard MAS 49/56

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Rubber butt pad is incorrect for a standard MAS 49/56

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Butt pad came with a kit. Maybe for using with the grenade launcher? My kit did not include night sights and bayonet. Brushes, cleaning cord, 3 mags, some other stuff. Its been a while. Should have bought 2.really neat rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom