The "Sun is Setting Between the Trees" Again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep played early rounds of golf yesterday and today at canaan valley and sun was low and in my eyes the first three holes each day.

and while i def don't want winter anytime soon, plz get rid of this heat, we've been coming here some 30 years and don't think it's ever been this hot, certainly not for this long.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    No reference to snow just yet, I was finally allowed to get my motorcycle out for the first time just this week.

Be careful on that bike, Buff. We expect your attendance at Hooligan shoots for a long time to come. Oh, and lay off the pickles... we've already discussed that... :innocent0

;)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Be careful on that bike, Buff. We expect your attendance at Hooligan shoots for a long time to come. Oh, and lay off the pickles... we've already discussed that... :innocent0

;)

Might just show up on it on Sunday, just haven't figured how I'm going to carry my range bag yet but I'm working on it.;)
    Pickles are finished, doctor visit today took care of that, but that's another thread.:D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Here We Go Again!

Like clockwork, when mid-August comes the sun sets "between trees" in my yard. We lost the small tree on the left, but old man sun doesn't know that. He still sets at the same spot year after year.

It's a reminder. And we all know what comes next. :innocent0

Time to check out y'all's winter equipment. Folks in the mountains are already predicting we'll get slammed this winter...

We'll see...

;)

Attachments

• BTT 08+15_2017 Capture.jpg
      BTT 08+15_2017 Capture.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 481

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Time to check out y'all's winter equipment. Folks in the mountains are already predicting we'll get slammed this winter...

I have a feeling it's going to be a doozy this year. The squirrels have shown my apple trees no mercy this year. There's nothing to harvest at this point because they've picked them clean. Late season fawns went so far as to eat my "deer proof" sunflowers this summer as well. They're getting braver than ever before going after whatever they can find on the back 40 right now. Over the past 5 years I've never seen them around the garden or on the vacant lot behind us at noon. Now it's commonplace. They're trying to pack it on fast.

Seen and heard geese flocking up already, and the groundhogs are venturing out pretty brazenly again looking to fatten up now instead of half-way through September like I normally see.

I'll be putting an interlock kit on my panel this year to run my generator through for the essentials, and it and the snow thrower is getting an oil change this weekend.

My guess is that even if we don't get a bunch of snow down this way this winter, it'll be much colder than this past one.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Like clockwork, when mid-August comes the sun sets "between trees" in my yard. We lost the small tree on the left, but old man sun doesn't know that. He still sets at the same spot year after year.

It's a reminder. And we all know what comes next. :innocent0

We'll see...

;)

This has to be one of the coolest August on record. Pool has dropped an easy 10 degrees since July 31! Maybe all the rain has something to do with it but I want my pool month back!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    That Lucky Old Sun Is Setting Between The Trees Once Again! ...

Time to update this Hooligan friendly annual reminder -> The sun is about to set between the trees like it always does around August 10. Like clockwork, the lucky old sun is always on time! ;)

And we all know what comes next... :innocent0

Not to worry yet, like every late summer we still have some warm days ahead of us. But autumn is drawing near yet again. Time to get prepared. :innocent0

This year a few old songs came to mind I'll share.

I'm sure everyone remembers the song "That Lucky Old Sun". Great Song!

Did you know the song originally became popular with Frankie Laine's release in 1949? That was the year I was born - yeah, I'm an old guy now...

Here's Frankie Laine's original version:

Louis Armstrong released his version the same year. It hit the charts for several weeks back then:

And Ray Charles did the his great version not too long after...

Of course the sun knows better so --> "Here You Come Again" seems to fit...

We'll never catch the sun, so the Dave Clark Five is appropriate. Can the sun catch us?

The pic below verifies fall is coming where I live... And we all know what comes next!

It's always something...

Enjoy the autumn, have fun and stay safe!

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom