• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Like someone above, after doing enough checking to make myself comfortable, I went with USCCA. I like their tie in with training resources, too.

Just knowing the cost of defending yourself after a justified use of force is enough to convince me to get extra insurance for it.

BugLaden

Mar 8, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Also about to pull the trigger on USCCA simply because of the sheer amount of resources available and on-site forums where my questions have been answered almost immediately.
    For those joining USCCA, has anyone got the Elite tier?

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    But have compared their bail and civil liability amounts? I'm pretty sure those numbers are what swayed me to CCW safe. And no cap attorneys fees.

Actually I was just wondering about CCW Safe. Does the no cap on attorney fees mean they lay out the money for you and you have to pay it back? Or do they cover everything ?

K

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I don't even have a carry permit yet and think I need to pick this up. I have guns in my house, and if I ever had to use one, would get slammed with legal defense fees that would ruin my life. I am not poor enough to qualify for a public attorney.

I think it is a noteable shame that in 2020 the might of the Government charging you with a crime is enough to crush most regular people.

I wish there was something to be done about that, but other then making smaller government I think we as taxpayers are stuck with it. It shows you how government in general is too big these days.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't even have a carry permit yet and think I need to pick this up. I have guns in my house, and if I ever had to use one, would get slammed with legal defense fees that would ruin my life. I am not poor enough to qualify for a public attorney.

I think it is a noteable shame that in 2020 the might of the Government charging you with a crime is enough to crush most regular people.

I wish there was something to be done about that, but other then making smaller government I think we as taxpayers are stuck with it. It shows you how government in general is too big these days.

You absolutely need this for home defense as well. You have to check, but I think most plans cover everyone in the house who would use self defense. Not just you.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    You absolutely need this for home defense as well. You have to check, but I think most plans cover everyone in the house who would use self defense. Not just you.

I believe I would be the only one, my wife can shoot a gun, but has not done so in a long time and in modern times has taken a kind of 'meh' desiring on shooting.

I wish she would get back into it like when we were younger.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Nice cheater sheet.

Attachments

• 6AB4B4B5-96FA-4EF9-947F-9D02B2B45836.jpg
      6AB4B4B5-96FA-4EF9-947F-9D02B2B45836.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 255

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    CCWSafe allows a member to suggest an attorney of their own, but that Attorney needs to be interviewed by their Counsel and vetted prior to an incident.
    I can understand companies providing their own, since they know them. I don't see a company just shipping 100-500k to some Attorney they don't know and him being a suck attorney. The company would have to still monitor the defense case anyway I would think.

That chart is all wrong. CCWSafe covers the member and spouse inside the home, car, outside, any place it's legal to carry. All other family members under age of 18 are covered inside the home.

Also, no company can cover NJ, NY, and WA. The chart says CCWSafe covers all states. No new membership is allowed in Wa. But previous members are grandfathered in. And LEOs in NY can be covered.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Good stuff.... I'm applying for my MD W&C, if I get it I will definitely be in the market for insurance. I'm very analytic/data minded, so something like this is awesome. Thanks for posting.

But that chart has a lot of bad or not perfect info. It did for CCWSafe.

This type of insurance isn't just for CCW carriers. Actually, it's probably most intended for home defense incidents.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Is there any proof of these companies "anteing up" when needed? It's one thing to take 19.99 a month, however it is completely different to pick up a 40-100k dollar legal bill. Any documented usage of these insurances?

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    But that chart has a lot of bad or not perfect info. It did for CCWSafe.

This type of insurance isn't just for CCW carriers. Actually, it's probably most intended for home defense incidents.

Blaster;
    Thanks for the information. I will research the companies and create a new chart myself.

Stay tuned.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I’m amazed at the people here who complain that $500/yr is too expensive for insurance that will cover you 24/7, but will throw that same $500 down on a gun, bow, or something else that, for the majority, rarely gets used. I’m shopping for insurance myself and am more confused now after reading 16 pages of this than I was before I read it. Initially I was looking at USCCA and CCW Safe, but now even those two seem iffy and sketchy to me.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I was looking into these different policies and was about to sign up for USCCA. Has anyone noticed the clause exempting USCCA coverage for anything related to “undeclared civil war”? Seems like an easy out for them with all of the crap going on these days.

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    Nice cheater sheet.

Thanks for the info. I found a similar article with some in-depth info. You know, for the longest time I thought CCW insurance was just a scam. However, after this year we've been having, I can proudly say I've gotten signed up with CCW Safe. And I'm not regretting the decision at all. It's one of those things where I'm happy I have it and hope to never have to need it. Stay safe out there folks.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Nice cheater sheet.

I’m amazed at the people here who complain that $500/yr is too expensive for insurance that will cover you 24/7, but will throw that same $500 down on a gun, bow, or something else that, for the majority, rarely gets used. I’m shopping for insurance myself and am more confused now after reading 16 pages of this than I was before I read it. Initially I was looking at USCCA and CCW Safe, but now even those two seem iffy and sketchy to me.

I am poor poor for the next year and a half, so I won't complain, but I cannot splurge for the pricey one, and hesitate to get the cheap one

I was looking into these different policies and was about to sign up for USCCA. Has anyone noticed the clause exempting USCCA coverage for anything related to “undeclared civil war”? Seems like an easy out for them with all of the crap going on these days.

If it is undeclared, how does one designate it a civil war?? So if its politically or militant motivated then they don't cover it? Maybe it is to be exempt from covering an entire militia? That is such a weird thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom