• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    This course sounds like the Immediate Action Medical course that is, or was, put on by Front Sight. I took that quite a few years back, along with a handful or others over the years.

If the Dark Angel course is anything like the Front Sight course, it's worth taking. Scenario driven, put on by Former SOF guys with real world experience multitasking in responding to bad things. I have significant medical experience from my time on a mountain SAR team and these courses, if done right, are always superb training or refresher whether you have experience medically or not.

Again, if the DA class is like the FS course, it's above and beyond "first aid/CPR", considering the course I took involved securing the scene and providing blue gun tactical awareness incorporated into the trauma assessment and response. Nothing like getting your adrenaline pumping treating a "live" victim, with distraction all around, then the 'bad' guy just walks up and pops a cap in you because you were tactically stupid treating the victim without securing the scene lol. Or in the next scenario, too busy securing the scene and the victim died because you let him bleed out.

But like Lee said, verify instructor credentials at the minimum and know what you are trying to get out of the course.

Bottom line though. Get out and train.

i cant tell you how many times i have arrived at a scene with people standing around with their hands in there pockets saying that some body should do something. in one case in particular it may have cost someone their life.
    when it comes to training, you are one step above the next guy, but if there is something that prevents you from acting, you are no better than the next guy. if you cant handle blood or blunt force trauma, defer for someone who can.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Folks, I just want to add that Kerry and the gang do classes ALL over the country nearly every weekend. When I took it, the class had about 50 students, each paying $400. The chances of whoever is hosting this particular class getting them to come back to fit YOUR schedule is probably pretty slim.

If training is important to you, you'll make it a priority. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but that tends to be how it works. If they fill the class and the host indicates they have more interest, maybe they'll be back next year or something.

I will add that, IMO, this class is worth traveling for. So if you can't get to this one, catch up with them elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind taking this course, but it isn't a high priority for me and I wont go if it doesn't fit my schedule. I am also aware that these courses don't come through that often and I can live with that. One of these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom