• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    It really chaps my ass that I have to pay $200+ a year to hunt my own property. I pay taxes on that property so why cant they treat me like any other landowner? I have sent emails trying to advocate for a cheaper non resident landowner liscense but they dont care. I get the higher fees for non residents hunting public land that is maintained by the state but for a landowner to have to pay to hunt their own land is absurd. Sorry for the long winded rant but I needed to vent.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Rant appreciated. Same situation here. Own property in pa and I go through the same deal. Also pay the school tax. Hell I don’t have no kids in the Pa school system. Lol

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    You could always move there and save $200 per year. Just say'in

Id save $200 on a liscense and spend a shit ton more on car insurance, vehicle registration, utilities etc my blood pressure would go up dealing with BS infringments and I would need to have a boating accident before I crossed the state line....no thnaks

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Move there.

They have to do it or a pile of people would by a foot of land and then want the cheaper license.

What has md done lately (aside from violate you) for the $1000's you pay here?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Move there.

They have to do it or a pile of people would by a foot of land and then want the cheaper license.

What has md done lately (aside from violate you) for the $1000's you pay here?

Believe me if it werent for the income the property provides I would rid myself of MD once and for all.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't hunt , but that would frost me paying to hunt of my own property . How else can these politicians find ways to dig in our pockets .

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    The animals are “property” of the state and residents of the states. I don’t agree with it, but that’s always the reasoning I have heard.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Georgia had a good program, a lifetime license for residents. I purchased while a resident and property.

After leaving the state I a still good Georgia. Wish Delaware had this! Hate almost 200 to hunt at home

Last edited:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Wow, I didn't realize a non resident license was that much. That is expensive, but the kicker is its YOUR property.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So just to be clear, you are Md resident hunting your property in WV ? Or WV residency, hunting your property in Md ?

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    pretty sure MD isn't the only state doing this. Non-resident land owners are just another classification in the grand scheme. Resident hunter, non-resident hunter, non-resident land owner hunter, senior hunter, junior hunter, etc. Some states you can't hunt your land as a non-resident land owner without drawing a non-resident tag which could take 3 years. All about revenue and managing the game population. There are towns out west that only exist because of hunting and fishing customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom