• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    A case for “viewpoint discrimination”?

I've noticed that DC Metro blocks any website related to Guns. I have tried this site, ARFCOM, SlickGuns, TTAG,...anything about firearms is block. It's not lack if service because the Huffpost comes right up, or the sites themselves as I drop Wifi and all the above names sites come up. I was wondering has anyone else experienced this?

The recent NRA suit against states such as New York, California, and Washington relies on grounds of violation of the First Amendment, and rightfully so, stating “viewpoint discrimination.” If what I suspect is true, and the NRA wins its Insurance suit, then I hope this will end at least some of the Liberal intolerance, as we see it.

see: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cu...ting-insurance-program-spreads-to-more-states

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    My work does that. This board is the only gun related site I can get, and that's because of it being a forum I'm sure. This includes guests.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    A case for “viewpoint discrimination”?

I've noticed that DC Metro blocks any website related to Guns. I have tried this site, ARFCOM, SlickGuns, TTAG,...anything about firearms is block. It's not lack if service because the Huffpost comes right up, or the sites themselves as I drop Wifi and all the above names sites come up. I was wondering has anyone else experienced this?

The recent NRA suit against states such as New York, California, and Washington relies on grounds of violation of the First Amendment, and rightfully so, stating “viewpoint discrimination.” If what I suspect is true, and the NRA wins its Insurance suit, then I hope this will end at least some of the Liberal intolerance, as we see it.

see: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cu...ting-insurance-program-spreads-to-more-states

Can you be more specific? What state were you in when you observed this? Does Metro offer free WiFi to customers? On trains? On buses? In stations?

Thanks for the clarification!

jplum

Feb 3, 2008
    Try one of the TOR Browsers. Some work better than others. It creates a VPN and bypasses their "security".

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Try one of the TOR Browsers. Some work better than others. It creates a VPN and bypasses their "security".

I guess my issue with is beyond being annoyed, it's more of an issue where DC Metro receives a large part of its funding through a federal grant. Given that money is all fungible and every year they claim they need more money and for them to then use that money to further clearly a Liberal agenda, to me violates (as the NRA has argued) the First Ammendment.

But thanks for the advice.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Many of these companies own tools that block categories of websites. Weapons being one of the categories. Free and some paid VPN address are also blocked. The admins just check what ever boxes they are told to. It is driven by legal, HR, etc....

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I was in Noodles & Company in Towson and some firearm related sites were blocked.

Wal Mart has been blocking firearms sites for a while now.

My work does that. This board is the only gun related site I can get, and that's because of it being a forum I'm sure. This includes guests.

Yeah, I can imagine the frustration but they're part of the private sector.

Why I believe the NRA Insurance case is different, is that Insurance is regulated at the state level, and it's the state denying the NRA from registering their Insurance in their states.

As for DC Metro, ride fairs only cover about 40% of their operating costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom