• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The brake on my 50BMG would have people moving away from me a few times back when you could shoot them at Delmarva. I typically go on Fridays when no one is there and take a bench that isn't next to someone. One time a guy showed up and was the only other person on the line beside my dad and me. For some reason he chose to take the bench next to me. I already had the 50 out and I warned him it would be loud and may get a bit of a blast, but he went on to use the bench anyway. Set all his stuff up and started shooting. I got into another shot, squeezed the trigger and I heard him yell "Stupid mother f**ker" a couple seconds after, then get his stuff and moved. I just had to shake my head. Dad was laughing at him. It's not like I didn't be nice and warn him when he had plenty of other bench options. It is what it is at the range. Most of us do our best to throw out a warning if we are going to have something that may agitate others.

Must be the same guy who parks his car right next to you in a lot full of empty spaces. I swear, they're like moths drawn to a flame.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    When I lived in Wisconsin I bought a S&W 460 Magnum 5 inch to hunt Russian Boars in the upper peninsula (MI). Generally I shot it outdoors. Once I took it to an indoor range in Milwaukee. A couple of guys shooting Glocks sideways almost had a heart attack when I let a round go. They were like 4 lanes from me with no one in between. They said “White dude is M**Fing, Dirty Harry!”. They loved the gun and were decent guys so I let them take a few shots.

Last edited:

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Must be the same guy who parks his car right next to you in a lot full of empty spaces. I swear, they're like moths drawn to a flame.

That's exactly the same kind of person. I park away from everyone since I have a F350. I come out every time to tons of open spots, but one genius has to park right next to me. lol

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Firing at an indoor range a buddy and i were having a good time when a couple of spaces down a Desert Eagle 50 went off. We all noticed for sure. Several of us ended up talking to the guy and he let us take a shot with it. Totally cool. I think he liked the attention since after he shot the first couple rounds he set it down and stepped back. That was when we went over and talked to him.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Most of us prefer two handed at the range, however, it won't do you any good if you can't use two hands. Patton won a Gold Medal at the Olympics shooting a revolver one handed. That's how the USMC trained and qualified through at least the 1980s
    One handed was the standard for most of history. Two handed didn't become popular until gun writers like Bill Jordon started touting it in the '70s. Elmer Keith would have laughed his backside off at today's shooters. Two handed was for kids and girls. Of course we all realize he had shortman's syndrome and made crap up, but hey, he's a legend now.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    FBI qualification: one hand (both strong and weak) for stage 1

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-like-pros-new-fbi-qualification-course-fire/
    For all stages, shooters start with gun holstered in concealment (under jacket, etc), hands at sides. At the beep, draw and fire three rounds strong side hand only in 3 seconds. Repeat this string of fire a second time. Finally, draw and and fire three rounds strong hand only, pass the gun to the support hand and fire three rounds support hand only. Complete the entire exercise in 8 seconds.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    The brake on my 50BMG would have people moving away from me a few times back when you could shoot them at Delmarva. I typically go on Fridays when no one is there and take a bench that isn't next to someone. One time a guy showed up and was the only other person on the line beside my dad and me. For some reason he chose to take the bench next to me. I already had the 50 out and I warned him it would be loud and may get a bit of a blast, but he went on to use the bench anyway. Set all his stuff up and started shooting. I got into another shot, squeezed the trigger and I heard him yell "Stupid mother f**ker" a couple seconds after, then get his stuff and moved. I just had to shake my head. Dad was laughing at him. It's not like I didn't be nice and warn him when he had plenty of other bench options. It is what it is at the range. Most of us do our best to throw out a warning if we are going to have something that may agitate others.

Was probably shooting .22lr and felt less of a man or woman...

I would like to sit on the bench next to you and scream M-Fer that was loud as shiitake mushrooms. :party29:

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Indoor range. And yeah, he and his group o' buddies had some other nice habits, one handed revolver/handgun shooting, etc. Not sideways at least, but still one handed.

Maybe I’m missing something what’s wrong with shooting a firearm with one hand that is standard training, even in classes, if one of your hands get injured in someway you better be able to shoot with both your weak and strong hand independently.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I have to agree with the general sentiment here..... Do your thing but be considerate of others. Unfortunately some people just seem to seek out trouble (no one here of course :sarcasm:) BUT it's a freakin' gun range......People shoot guns.....GUNS ARE LOUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom