Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns

Join MD Shooters

Old March 8th, 2018, 12:18 PM #21

I had the exact same issue when I shot my new G17. I was sure that the gun was defective until I shot from a rest and realized it was all me Some people don't have a problem with Glock triggers but I definitely do. With practice I improved but I could never shoot as well with my G17 as I could with my 1911. I finally started experimenting with connectors and settled with the "Ghost PRO 3.3 lb Trigger Connector". My low left issue almost immediately disappeared and have been shooting much better since.
timkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:52 PM #22

Using the advice here and on you tube I adjusted hoe o pull the trigger when shooting my Glock 19 and I had better luck with it today.

I moved to 20 yards from my dueling tree and could hit much better than I did last outing. It’s the take up in the trigger that’s getting me I believe. Squeezing until the take up is almost gone helpe tremendously but sometimes I pull a big to far and one gets away from me

I found out something els, I really hate the sites. Even at 20 yards they cover the whole 6” paddles on my dueling tree. And I prefer to put the target at the top of the front sight so I see exactly where I am aiming at without the site covering it

Anyway , I feel much better about the gun. Still prefer my sig 239 right now but I am hoping I can get much better with my new glock
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI
44man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:57 PM #23
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

Why are you letting a newbie shoot at a target 75 feet away? Stay with the 7 yard drills and it will be much more enjoyable for all concerned.

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
j_h_smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:15 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
Why are you letting a newbie shoot at a target 75 feet away? Stay with the 7 yard drills and it will be much more enjoyable for all concerned.
The newbie was shooting much closer. By dialing her in I meant the pistol. Although the newbie did take some shots at the tree at 25 yards, hitting a few times.

She, the newbie now wants her hql so we will be taking care of that starting Tomorrow. That will be the second Hql I will have helped get in the last three weeks.

Anyway I am trying to get my Glock Co 19 dialed in so I can comfortably carry her, instead of my sig since the glue Co holds twice the rounds and is lighter than the sig even when fully loaded.

My wife son and I shot today and itís obvious I need to get that red dot sight on my wifeís 22 and build s second tree with the lighter paddles so she can have more fun. And if she gets a bit better she wants to get her sister and boyfriend to come over, they both want to get into shooting and I hope to get at least one of them to get an Hql if not both
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI
44man is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns